Got the itch....... whats it take? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Sled Pulling How-to, FAQs

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Got the itch....... whats it take?

Alright, Ive got the itch to do some pulling. However I cant afford to Break my truck doing it. So im considering the possibility of convincing my father in law his 720 deere is wasting away in the corner of his barn.... A few years ago he had talked about tweaking it a bit and hooking it.

So my first question is, where can i go to get some basic rules and class requirements? Im in southern Indiana, I dont know what sanctioning bodies there are locally.

Are there Classes that are essentially Stockish? This tractor has been restored once and I doubt i can convince him to get too crazy with it....

Ive been involved in some gas pulling trucks, so I do understand what "stock" classes turn into. Im starting to get that competitive itch and Cant afford race cars anymore and gota do somthing between demo derbies.

Thanks
Jim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2011, 09:18 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what part of southern indiana are you in? I dont know much about the rules of tractor pulling but i could possibly find out
Old 03-05-2011, 09:19 PM

nm i just saw your sig and saw your in terre haute
Old 03-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

here's the link

www.pulloff.com

Post the question there...someone should be able to tell you who to contact. Be sure to tell them antique/farm stock type.

Also you may want to try ytmag.com for their forum.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:28 PM

Location: Lowville, New York. Studying Mechanical Eng. @ Suny Canton
Basicly your so called stock tractor pull is the biggest cheater wins lol. I have a 1952 John Deere A. Its all stock other then having the cylinders bored .90 over and high compression aluminum pistons, and cam ground to exactly where it should be for factory spec's. I pulled the sled at the Two Cylinder Expo in Canadagua NY and basicly did nothing then go 2 or 3 yards, but when i pull the dead weight sled i walk away with it. It's all about what your pulling, and your power to weight ratio. I say if you want to tweak it a little have the cylinders bored get some good pistons. My dad has been working on two cylinders all his life and owns about 20 of them so he knows a thing or two about them he posts on www.yesterdaystractors.com, it a fourm for farm equipment of any and all kinds. Post on there and you should be able to find out what you need to know pretty fast. Just dont butcher a nice looking 720 and put those weight brackets all over it!!!!!! please

Last edited by Im_Strokin_ur_Cummins; 09-25-2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: for got words
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.