Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

thinking about first build

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  08powersmoke08 
#1 ·
well ive been wanting to pull my truck but on of my buddies told me to just find one that is cheap and beat up but the motor ran good, so i dont tear up my work truck.:thumb: So now ive been looking for a OBS 7.3 as a start what do you all think?

#3 ·
thats what the plan was. my dad had a white 96 that woulda made one heck of a puller. but it was wore out and the body was in bad shape. so he traded it for a dodge gasser:doh: that tranny blew in 6 months out of the factory, then he got my truck, then he got the other 7.3 that we got a couple years ago lol.

but after he got my truck we went to where he traded it off at and it was fixed up and lifted alittle and dual exhaust but they wanted alot more for it than what it was worth so we didnt get it.:(:ranton:

#4 ·
If you wanna be competitive get a Cummins or DMax. I hate to say it, but I pull my truck and I know several 7.3s with alot more done than me and it is nearly impossible to run with the dodge and chevy boys at the track.

#5 ·
I beg to differ my old early 99 with; exhaust,intake,6 POS tuner,boost fooler,BTS tranny beat every duramax and cummins (there where several) and by a-lot at the last pull I did and one of the guys out there has an 08 Dmax with 550Rwhp (Ive seen his truck on a dyno) and I got him by 20 feet and reason being is our trucks have weight on our side look up (shingleton farms tractor pull) on youtube if you have doubts my truck is the dark green extended cab they say distance pulled in every video.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.