chevy boy wont shut it - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Sled Pulling How-to, FAQs

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
chevy boy wont shut it

So a kid I know always gives me **** about my truck being rusty and have 330,000 miles on it and its getting a little old. He has a 01 chevy 2500 with a 6.0 gas that he thinks is gods truck. He told me his gas can pull more than my diesel so I told him why dont we do the truck pulls this summer at the fair.

So I have till july to get my truck ready, a ts chip with tonys tunes are in the works, I was thinking about adding a 17* HPOP before than as well. Maybe traction bars? And Ive been looking on here about people making their own hitches so Im gonna build my own. Ive been looking around wreck yards for and SD intercooler, that would be something really nice to get too. Is it worth add a weight rack on the front? And if so best way to go about building one? Welding isnt a problem for me at all. Any other advice? I dont really have the money to do injectors just yet

It would be nice to finaly shut this kid up

Last edited by Rob; 11-10-2009 at 11:38 PM. Reason: language, read the COC...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2009, 01:57 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Get it ready for what. Just hook it as it is.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Get it ready for what. Just hook it as it is.
well it would be nice to know what mods would best help me and keep my truck from blowing up ha, the truck is on its 5th tranny, the kid i bought it from just put a brand new one in it before I bought it. Would a different valve body be worth it?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:21 PM

A valve body and torque converter would help a lot. The 17* pump you can find fairly cheap and the intercooler will help. Traction bars aren too hard to make there is write ups in here about them. The only problem is hookking to a sled wont prove much cause you two will be in two dif classes since he has a gasser. The weight will be dif on the sled. Also weight bars will change your class as will injectors. But i really depends on what you wanna spend. You could get a quick spool housing etc.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:24 PM

because the truck pull where Im from is kind of a smaller event they let you do and exhibition as well and if you wanna go up against someone you can just not sure about the weight of the sled
Old 11-10-2009, 02:28 PM

Ohh okay cool. Then how much $ you wanna spend from here till then?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:32 PM

well Im almost done with college so my budget should get a little less tight from now till than so maybe anywhere from a grand to two grand assuming nothing goes wrong with the truck from now till than
Old 11-10-2009, 02:37 PM

why dont you tell him to hook up hitch to hitch with a heavy duty chain or strap i shut him up for good i just did it to my neighbor with his 85 lifted Chevy suburban with a built 454 and i pulled him 20ft down the road with his tires rolling smoke as he was drug backwards. lol he doesn't say any thing now about my ford obs psd.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:41 PM

I say just hook it up to a trailer and have him do the same thing to the same exact trailer, same load.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:41 PM

Haha i like the if nothin goes wrong part im with ya on that. Well trction bars can be made cheap, the 17* you could prob find for 250 the intercooler you could get on ebay or in a junkyard for a decent price, uhh lets see the turbo and injectors are pretty expensive i would get injectors from jim at rosewood and find a used turbo or one that needs to be rebuilt for cheap. The torque converter and valve body will keep you from hurtin the trans as bad, id get another trans cooler and a magnefine filter jus for longetivity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.