Sporting clays - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
SHOOTING SPORTS Shooting Sports Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 05:16 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sporting clays

I was wondering if anyone shot competitively? I have always loved shooting and I finally did a tournament last weekend at quail creek in okeechobee with my grandpa and little cousin. About 150 people showed up and I got second with a 93 and my grandpa got first with a 94. I shoot a beretta 391 silver mallard with some trigger work and barrel work and my grandpa shoots a kreighoff k-80 with a ton of work done to it including release trigger ( old man has got the flinches) but if anyone else out there's into it I'd love to talk about it some more so share your story!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have done one comp, just for fun, about a year ago. I have a stock Remington 12 gauge I use for bird hunting, nothing special. I shot an 86. Not even close to a 93, props on that.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Premium Member

Damn I didnt think anyone was ever gonna reply to this lol yeah I was pretty excited about that score. I've shot a couple since then and not done too bad. Got 8th in the state in my class and third in a sub gauge tournament. Glad to see there's some other clay shooters out there
Old 06-07-2012, 03:30 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I want to start doing some tournaments

Now I just go to the range and practice trap!
Old 06-10-2012, 12:46 PM

Congrats on getting into it and doing so well. Usually me and my buddies just go out to a feild and throw clays and shoot rifle and hand guns. We play a game called "Annie Oakley". You line up however many people you want and throw a clay, the first person shoots. If they miss and the second person hits it their out. If they hit it and the second person hits a fragment of the shoot clay then their out. It keeps going like that. It has gotten me a lot better a bird hunting since it teachs you to redirect and have to shoot a lot quicker.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Premium Member

It's definitely a fun sport but it can get expensive lol that Annie Oakley game sounds fun, but what happens when you dust one of em with a tight choke? Lol I shot in the florida state championship a couple months ago and got 8th in my class
Old 06-26-2012, 08:08 PM

we take these things seriously here in Iowa! i do a lot of competitive shotgun sports up here.. what else is there to do?! haha if anyone is in town (Des Moines area) lookin' to shoot some clays, come see us at New Pioneer Clay Target Center!
Old 07-13-2012, 04:46 PM

i shoot competitively when i have the chance to take off work (esp when work is thin) only thing is i shoot black powder 12ga (old school shotgun) in trap, quail walk so on and so forth down in friendship, IN its a good time. have my fair share of trophies and what not. but yes it does get expensive i can go down there and blow over $150 easy after fee's to shoot my shot and powder caps and so on
Old 07-18-2012, 04:30 PM

I shot competitively for about 2 years. Shot a mix of a cynergy sporting (amazing gun) and a al391 with adjustable buttplate, balancing weights, all the goodies. Loved every minute of it, still got my pair of oakley shooting glasses if the opportunity ever presents itself. The downside is i was shooting 3 rounds a week and got burnt out rather quickly, maybe one day. (yes i reloaded...lol mec9000)
Old 09-10-2012, 08:10 PM

Im from NY and shoot competitively finished tied for third in B class at the north east national and 4th at the NY state championship. I shoot a Beretta DT10. Trucks and guns always go together. Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.