Why I carry a gun. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
SHOOTING SPORTS Shooting Sports Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 07:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why I carry a gun.

Sorry if this a repost. Had this one kicking around for a while and thought I would share.

Why I Carry a Gun

My old grandpa said to me, "Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an *** whoopin'."

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so thatI don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to Heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

"Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime; they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess. Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an *** whoopin'.
... author unknown (but obviously brilliant)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2010, 07:55 AM

I carried for years when I worked in DC. Concealed carry and illegal at that - it was DC! But - I am here now because I was armed. More then on occasion I was "approached" in a highly threatening mannor at close range. Had I not been armed - I would not be here. I fired off 2- 9mm rounds purposly missing my assailant - but reminding him I had 5 more in clip and the next I would not miss. He backed down, dropped his 5' iron pipe and walked away.
Another time I actually called DC Police to tell them I was being shot at and they questioned why I was in DC in that neighborhood at night? Didnt matter to them that I was being shot at - the conversation ended that they "couldnt get to me right now as I seem to be okay at the moment". I pulled my 9mm and took care of matters myself. Again - purposly not hitting my assailant - but letting them know I wont go down defenceless either. Neither instance did a cop show up.

Most of the guys I worked with carried too. I remember one fellow was threatened with a drugged out assailant with a 2x4 wound up as a base-ball bat. Old Floud, put his tool box down all gently, opened it, pulled out a 1911 and single shot the dude in the middle of the street. K5 - down he went - thud. Floud turned and walked into our jobsite trailer and the super called the police. 5 hours later they showed up - never questioned why the dude was shot - now dead, in the street. That was Annacostia SE.

Time and time again - becuase of having a gun in our possession or someones possession - we went home to our families. Guns save lives. People take them.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:01 AM

Old 02-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Powerstroke Junkie

LH, I am glad you are OK, I am not sure about warning shots, if I am drawing my weapon it is because I am in fear of my life, if it comes to discharging a round I am aiming at COM, no warning shots!!! To many places a stray bullet can travel, again not trying to nit pick your post, I am glad you are ok and in a better area.
NCH
Old 02-19-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHMissions View Post
Guns save lives. People take them.
Yep 100%
Old 02-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Old 02-19-2010, 01:23 PM
I don't know nuttin....

good post......
Old 02-19-2010, 01:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to troid123
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
LH, I am glad you are OK, I am not sure about warning shots, if I am drawing my weapon it is because I am in fear of my life, if it comes to discharging a round I am aiming at COM, no warning shots!!! To many places a stray bullet can travel, again not trying to nit pick your post, I am glad you are ok and in a better area.
NCH
I agree, warning shots are what will get you arrested not the perp. I remember when I took the CC class the instructor told us that if you feel your life is threatened and pull your weapon, you better shoot to kill. Otherwise dont pull it out or you could be the one going to jail.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:31 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
My old grandpa said to me, "Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an *** whoopin'."
Haha.. That's awesome..
That whole post is great.. Sounds like the author lives in Harlem though!
Old 08-08-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_PSD_Erik View Post
Sorry if this a repost. Had this one kicking around for a while and thought I would share.

Why I Carry a Gun

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so thatI don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to Heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

"Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime; they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess. Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an *** whoopin'.
... author unknown (but obviously brilliant)
WORDS TO LIVE BY !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.