Knowledgable Shop in Canada? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 07:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Knowledgable Shop in Canada?

I'm in the market for a shop in Western Canada to do a laundry list of work on my truck.

I've done the research and came to the conclusion that I just don't have the time/tools/shop space/energy to complete the list myself.

Truck is an 06 F350 with 130,000 kms on thew clock. Zero performance mods up until this point. I do have a 4" TB exhaust system to install as well as a cooler air intake system also uninstalled.

I'm looking for a reputable shop in Western Canada with a lot of experience with these engines. I'll be the first to admit that I may not have all of the answers, so I'd like a shop whose judgement I can trust.

Truck has recently thrown an underboost code. I have cleaned EGR valve with little/no noticeable change.

I'd like the whole bulletproof package:

EGR delete
Oil Cooler
Head Studs
SCT
Exhaust Installed
Cold Air Intake installed
Gauge package
Circulating block heater
along with any other preventative work recommended.

Basically I want to take care of all the things at once rather than nickle and diming my way through it.

I'm not at all looking for a HP machine. I'm 100% interested in longevity and mileage, if increased HP is a side effect of this so be it. This is my work truck and it spends 99% of its life on the highway. Once every year or two it might tow my RV, but even that is very rare.

Can somebody please recommend a solid shop in Western Canada with the ability and knowledge to take me through the entire ordeal? Preferably in Edmonton, Saskatoon, or Grande Prairie as these are the cities are travel through regularly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Ever finding a shop you liked or trusted?

I know of two in the Regina area, but I'm not a fan of the one shop and never been to the other.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_101 View Post
Ever finding a shop you liked or trusted?

I know of two in the Regina area, but I'm not a fan of the one shop and never been to the other.
There is smoke em diesel in regina, then there is storm diesel in weyburn. I know smoke em diesel won't do studs.. because they don't have lifts or something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.