Superduty 7.3 Intake Review - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
S&B Filters S&B Filters

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Superduty 7.3 Intake Review

As promised here is my review of the new design of the 7.3 intake. I currently have the old style intake on a 2001 F550 7.3 Powerstroke. From day one I really wasn't happy with the fit and finish of the system. It basically wasn't much more than a Tymar setup in a makeshift box.

I recently acquired the new version of this intake and all I can say is WOW! I won't get to install it until this weekend but I'm already impressed. The intake tube actually seals up to the filter box and they have added the snorkel up to core support so if you have a zoodad it will work with this intake system. It still pulls air from the fender area as well. I would say that the quality of this unit has improved 100% over the old one. If you do your research, you will also find that S&B Filters are more efficient in trapping dust at rated CFM than just about any other filter on the market.

The cost is a little higher than the old unit was but you are getting more now than you were then. I can't say enough about their rep Jay who frequents this forum. His customer service is second to none! Thanks Jay for all your help. I'll post some pictures when I get it installed this weekend. I even got the plexiglass lid custom engraved for free, but we'll have to edit that out of the pictures!

Thanks again for great customer support Jay. If anybody is looking for a good 7.3 intake system and don't want to pay a premium price, look no further than S&B Filters. Shoot them a PM and Jay will hook you up.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Banned

blah blah blah
Old 02-15-2008, 05:26 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sweet deal, Matt. I'm glad they made you a believer. I have heard great things about S&B!
Old 02-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Lord Tauk Send a message via AIM to Lord Tauk
Cool deal matt, where are the pics?!

I see your white text!
Old 02-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Banned

Still not installed yet!
Old 02-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to drstephennix
Has anybody tried this yet?

S&B has a NEW cold air intake. They say it is as good or better then the AFE stage 2. A vendor told me that he wouldn't put an AFE back on his truck for nothing after trying the new S&B. S&B Cold Air Intake For 1999-2003 7.3L Ford Powerstroke Diesel
This is a link to where i saw it. I was wondering if anybody out there has used it yet and what they thought of it. Im getting one, but would like to know what to expect as far as horsepower goes and an air flow. S&B says its over 600cfm! Anybody? anybody?
Old 02-18-2008, 12:20 PM
International Threat

Nice... I saw you talking about S&B filters in another thread...

can't wait to see how it looks!
Old 02-18-2008, 01:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to drstephennix
i should have it in by Thursday and will be installing it the day it somes in. Will definitely be takin some pics to post up.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Banned

According to my research it's very difficult to beat the filtration offered by S&B. The only thing I've found so far that exceeds the S&B is the stock Donaldson filter on the 6.0s. We still haven't gotten ours installed but it does use the same filter as the old style that is on the truck now. Expect much more intake noise and better airflow.

On a stock truck I wouldn't hold out hope for a noticeable power difference. If you have a tuner it should clear up the smoke a little and possibly reduce EGT slightly. Unfortunately you will probably have pictures of it installed before we get ours installed. I think you will like the new design. It's head and shoulders better than their original intake system.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:16 AM

I have one on the way. Should be here sometime next week, oh and I'll be taking pics I'm excited. We'll see how it acts with a 4" turboback w/ muffler and no cat.

Last edited by TurboSevenThree; 03-14-2008 at 07:17 AM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.