Help Please - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org Site Problems Let us know if you are having any site issues here!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 04:25 AM
LTJDS

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Help Please

For ever , When I log in if I am changing a thread I have started or am doing something in the initial thread posting, The site req me to log back on as if I am not on a certain section or repplying to threads Quickly (It drops me out of the logged in group) Sometimes after logging back on I cannot even recover the work I have been trying ti submit.
I cannot tell you or describe how frustrating it is when I have taken a considerable amount of time to answer or post a thread and end up loosing all the time and work I have been attempting to submit. The only fix SO far was that I had to cut or copy my response, log out relog back on and paste the reply in the newly opened box. I am ready to STOP submitting or editing my replies if I have to continue to be thwarted by a computer or org glitch.
I am no computer genius by any means but none the less I do have the ability to perform adequately in other computer related regards.I am SICK and TIRED of this rre log on issue and having lost replies or posts that have taken more than 10 minutes to complete being lost in cyber space BS.
I beg of you to pvt me a fix or tell me what I need to do to circumvent this issue, or any if not all of my replies and posts will be no more than three lines long, (WEAK). I wrote an extensive write up on the SCT LiveWire and it was lost.... after putting that much time and effort in responding to a thread in order to cover all of the pro's and cons I was beyond PISSED OFF when the practical BOOK I was writing Dissappeared.........Please help me continue to provide quality answers and responses to the org. commmunity.
I am ay my witts end and am loosing my desire to share my valuable experiences and information with others when EVERY time they get fouled up and I have to log back on only to find out that the site does not return me to my previous location nor store the answers or changes I have already made.
I am frustrated beyond Description,,, please give me the secret I need to operate and contribute to this forum. I love this site , but what I once thought was an issue that was not going to continue, it only is getting worse.
WHY CAN'T I LOG ON AND STAY LOGGED ON REGARDLESS OF WHAT I AM DOING. i UNDERSTAND THAT IF SITE SOFTWARE DOES NOT SEE ANY INPUT OR RESPONSE ACTIVITY WITHIN A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME IT SHOULD DROP THAT MEMBER AS BEING GONE AND HAVING FORGOTTEN TO LOG OUT, BUT THIS TIME FRAME FOR THE REQ TO RE LOG ON SHOULD NOT BE REQ UNLESS THEIR HAS BEEN NO ACTIVITY FOR AN HOUR MINIMUM, (NOT THE 10-15 MINUTES) i HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH. tHANKS :bonk:

ohh and PS: by the way when I went to submit the above response, I had to copy it and log on again req to post a new thread in this section and paste my response after logging on right after typing the above response...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2007, 04:33 AM
The Fat Mod

How do you have your history and cookies set up? I dont have this problem. I use firefox. What browser are you using. I am not a computer guru either, but maybe we can get ya fixed up. And stupid question, but do you check the "remember me" button?
Old 06-26-2007, 02:06 PM
LTJDS

Talking ok answer

I can start to use firefox or my wy uses Opera'
and I do not know what remember me is , unless it is in regards password sign on. Let me know if I should can Internet Explorer and pls explain further about the remeber me button ???? Thanks partner....
Old 06-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Member/MARINE

Send a message via Yahoo to rajharley
the remember me button is a box that you can check (highlight) when it askes for username and password. If you are signed in right now then sign out and then go back to the sign in and you'll see the box to check for "remember Me". Hope this helps.

Rob
Old 06-26-2007, 02:20 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

If you are a slow typer like me and your writing up somthing long every few minutes hit preview post so you don't get logged out of the org. I notice if you sit idle for awhile or you are typing somthing long not sure how many minutes but I will get logged out also. Once you hit preview post you can go back to typing again without losing everything. Hope that helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.