Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Do I need a BRV?

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  BigDirty99 
#1 ·
Ok guys I have and early 99 f250 7.3l. I'm soon going to be buying a TS 6 position chip. I've seen a couple of guys running a Boost relief valve. I'm just wondering if the BRV is going to be this necessary. Any info on brv or how to run a DIY setup would be much appreciated!

#2 ·
I'm not quite sure what your referring to. There is a blow off valve the can be added for $600 but is completely unnecessary. Then there is a waste gate actuator. The stock one is fine.

If yiur getting a chip. I suggest quality gauges, intake, and exhaust. And if your an auto. Get a 6.0 Trans cooler.
Talk with Corey@CNCFAB and get the ts6 chip with php tunes

#3 ·
Ok, I have a 4in turbo back straight pipe. I'm referring to the defueling the PCM will do once it passes the 25psi mark. Without the BRV it will through the SES light right?

#4 ·
Oh. Boost fooler. With good tunes it won't defuel. Php tunes will set a light at 28 psi. But it doesn't do anything. It's not reallyneeded

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.