2015 Nissan Titan to Gain Cummins Diesel V8 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.ORG News News related to Ford Diesels as well as site news. Only Administrators may create new threads in this section.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 12:29 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2015 Nissan Titan to Gain Cummins Diesel V8

Quote:
As it turns out, Nissan poached more than just an executive from Chrysler’s Ram truck brand when Fred Diaz leaped lilly pads.

Nissan’s next-generation of Titan pickup trucks will include a turbocharged 5.0-liter V8 Cummins diesel powerplant, the company announced today. Official output ratings are still unavailable, but the engine is expected to make over 300 hp and somewhere in the mid-500 lb-ft of torque range.

“We have done out homework on the next-generation Titan,” Diaz said. “Truck owners told us there’s a demand for the performance and torque of a diesel in a capable truck that doesn’t require the jump to a heavy-duty commercial pickup.”

Struggling sales and an outdated design with questionable reliability all hold the current model back. With minimal changes since its 2003 introduction, it’s easy to see why Nissan has been struggling in one of North America’s most bitterly contested segments. One-upsmanship between the Detroit 3 make it nearly impossible for less aggressively supported products to thrive.

But Nissan made a wise move by snagging Diaz, who is largely credited with steering the Ram truck brand to its current success.

“This ain’t my first rodeo,” he said at a media event in Southern California. “I know a thing of two about trucks.”

Nissan says the diesel engine is in the “latter stages of development and testing” with a version also coming for commercial vehicle customers.
Read the rest of the story about the diesel Nissan Titan at AutoGuide.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

This is awesome, can't wait to see some specs.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What about Ford

I've been waiting for Ford to place a diesel engine in their F150 trucks. I've always wanted the durability, improved gas mileage without having to upgrade to a heavy duty truck.

Looks like Nissan beat them to the punch.

Hello FORD, are you listening?
Old 08-28-2013, 01:18 PM

Hopefully they upgrade the rear end. Dana 44HD won't cut it. I broke mine on the street, turning a corner.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:22 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisuello View Post
Hopefully they upgrade the rear end. Dana 44HD won't cut it. I broke mine on the street, turning a corner.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:47 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Well with the new Ram 1500 getting a diesel and now the Titan, hopefully Ford is working on something, and is just waiting for the right time to announce it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.