Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2013 Ford F-150 Revealed

29K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  FlyinRyan37 
#1 ·

The Ford F-150 has been updated for 2013, getting a fresh new nose and some new technology and interior appointments.

The look of the truck has changed only in the front end, getting a new grille that mimics the grille found on Ford’s lineup of heavy duty trucks. New high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps complete the look with the classic ‘L’ shape found on all new F-series pickups. 18- and 20-inch wheels are now available as well along with three new color options; blue jeans metallic, kodiak brown metallic and ruby red clearcoat metallic.

MyFordTouch infotainment system is now available in the cab of the F-150 along with SYNC, displayed on a new 8-inch LCD color touch screen. Other tech goodies powered by SYNC include turn-by-turn directions, business search, send to SYNC from Google maps and mapQuest, news, sports, weather and horoscopes.

Under the hood, the F-150 gets four engine options. The 3.5-liter EcoBoost, arguably the most popular Ford engine right now, which makes 365 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque, a 3.7-liter V6 that makes 302 hp and 278 lb-ft of torque, a 5.0-liter V8 capable of producing 360 hp, and finally the most powerful in the lineup 6.2-liter V8 that produces 411 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque.

A wide array of trim levels are available for the F-150, making it easy to get luxury appointed pickup are a bare bones model.

No pricing was announced. Expect to see the new F-150 in dealers by late summer.

Watch the video below to see the F-150 marketing manager explain the update.
To see more pictures and a video on the 2013 Ford F-150, visit AutoGuide.

See less See more
#4 ·
Lol! It wants to be a real boy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#3 ·
Just what we need: horoscopes on an eight-inch dash screen for entertaining yourself while driving down the freeway or a two-lane highway. I guess texting is not enough of a diversion for the techno-video game, glued-to-your-cell-phone generation from paying attention to driving and traffic.

My guess is that next up from the Ford techno-children designers is in-dash hair dryers and microwave ovens so we can finish doing our hair and warm up breakfast while non-chalantly cruising down the road, and while texting of course.

#6 ·
while you (i'm assuming) old timers are busy wagging your finger at the younger guys for every little miss- step, lets not forget that this new generation isn't the only generation to practice unsafe driving habits. the hot rod years started in the late 40's, the muscle car era: all happened BEFORE the youngest generation was even born. and i might add, the number of fatalities per capita has dropped significantly, meaning its safer to drive now with the "techno-video game, glued-to-your-cell-phone generation" than at any other point in time. get some facts under your belt before you go spewing $hi+ all over the internet. here, i even got the link for you since you're too lazy to do it yourself.

List of motor vehicle deaths in U.S. by year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
:ORG welcome:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.