Ford F-series Pickup Trucks Recalled For Automatic Transmission Defect - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.ORG News News related to Ford Diesels as well as site news. Only Administrators may create new threads in this section.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 08:47 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford F-series Pickup Trucks Recalled For Automatic Transmission Defect

An automatic transmission defect initiated a recall for 2011 Ford F-150, 2012 F-250, F-350,F-450 and F-550 pickup trucks.

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the 16,091 examples of Ford trucks may suffer a problematic brake shift interlock switch. This defect may allow the transmission to shift out of park without the need of engaging the brake pedal.

NHTSA recommends this recall because this hazard could cause a driver to accidently shift the vehicle out of park, launch the truck, and increases the risk of a car accident.

Recalls will begin on December 19th. So far, no incidents have been linked to this issue.

More: Ford F-series Pickup Trucks Recalled For Automatic Transmission Defect on Autoguide.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2011, 09:04 PM
PMR = JUNK

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
This is retarded. My first car didn't have a brake interlock, nor did any of the vehicles i drove regularly at the time. All this safety stuff just allows morons to live therefore breed therefore making the human race dumber. Natural selection needs to be allowed!
Old 12-25-2011, 03:41 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Never trust an automatic!
Old 12-25-2011, 03:43 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
This is retarded. My first car didn't have a brake interlock, nor did any of the vehicles i drove regularly at the time. All this safety stuff just allows morons to live therefore breed therefore making the human race dumber. Natural selection needs to be allowed!
Spot on !

We shouldn't interfere with Darwin.

Shawn
Old 12-26-2011, 04:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Rønning View Post
Never trust an automatic!
If you dont trust your new truck I can help you with that
Old 12-26-2011, 05:37 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I bet you would like too!
Old 12-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PowerstrokeTech82787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Youll love this then...

New 150s have electronic steering. no plow allowed. i forget how many redundant signals it has, but i cant wait for them to F up. i can only see a pump burning out or a yaw rate sensor Fing up causing steering lag or total steering to become inoperative. And come 2012/13 all VEHICLES sold in USA will come standard with Vehicle Stability Control, ABS, Traction Control etc. or it cant be sold in the states.

If i were to buy anything new, i would get wiring diagrams and start hackin all that crap out or tie resistors in to trick it somehow... Traction control almost got me in a terrible wreck in one of my mothers mustangs when i was 17 in a snow storm . Car kicked sideways i steered into it went to flat foot it to whip the rear end back... didnt happen. kept sliding sideways gas pedal to the floor rpm wouldnt come above idle and 1000rpm, I ended up in a gas stations parking lot almost took out a gas pump shut the traction control off and pulled the fuse for the ABS motor and was good to go. All that non driver crap will hurt someone. ESPECIALLY the morons from NYC that come up here with their awd audis and other high dollar awd sh!t boxes that go 60+ in snow with low pro tires... then wonder why they ended up in the ditch. Every Winter i pull the ABS fuse in my truck. Go down the road hit the brakes they go to the floor you hear the abs motor going nuts and doesnt slow down enough. F that. id rather have a momentary lock up that lasts all of 2-3 seconds than a minute worth of BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and im still going the same speed as i was before i hit the brakes, if not faster.

Last thing i want is stability control, thats just what i need is to go into a corner doing 70-80 and the truck/car im driving decides to apply the brakes mid apex of the corner. or as im sliding sideways something thats going to limit throttle to keep me from bringing the rear end back around. F that. I hate the new automarket. give people features that allow them to be absolutely careless. Like toyotas laser cruise control, the self parallel parking, the reverse beepers that sense stuff behind you along with the cameras that go with it, then the phone BS its just a bad idea. What ever happened to a vehicle that you drove and you had to look behind you to see whats back there...
Old 12-28-2011, 01:42 PM
PMR = JUNK

Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerstrokeTech82787 View Post
Youll love this then...

New 150s have electronic steering. no plow allowed. i forget how many redundant signals it has, but i cant wait for them to F up. i can only see a pump burning out or a yaw rate sensor Fing up causing steering lag or total steering to become inoperative. And come 2012/13 all VEHICLES sold in USA will come standard with Vehicle Stability Control, ABS, Traction Control etc. or it cant be sold in the states.

If i were to buy anything new, i would get wiring diagrams and start hackin all that crap out or tie resistors in to trick it somehow... Traction control almost got me in a terrible wreck in one of my mothers mustangs when i was 17 in a snow storm . Car kicked sideways i steered into it went to flat foot it to whip the rear end back... didnt happen. kept sliding sideways gas pedal to the floor rpm wouldnt come above idle and 1000rpm, I ended up in a gas stations parking lot almost took out a gas pump shut the traction control off and pulled the fuse for the ABS motor and was good to go. All that non driver crap will hurt someone. ESPECIALLY the morons from NYC that come up here with their awd audis and other high dollar awd sh!t boxes that go 60+ in snow with low pro tires... then wonder why they ended up in the ditch. Every Winter i pull the ABS fuse in my truck. Go down the road hit the brakes they go to the floor you hear the abs motor going nuts and doesnt slow down enough. F that. id rather have a momentary lock up that lasts all of 2-3 seconds than a minute worth of BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and im still going the same speed as i was before i hit the brakes, if not faster.

Last thing i want is stability control, thats just what i need is to go into a corner doing 70-80 and the truck/car im driving decides to apply the brakes mid apex of the corner. or as im sliding sideways something thats going to limit throttle to keep me from bringing the rear end back around. F that. I hate the new automarket. give people features that allow them to be absolutely careless. Like toyotas laser cruise control, the self parallel parking, the reverse beepers that sense stuff behind you along with the cameras that go with it, then the phone BS its just a bad idea. What ever happened to a vehicle that you drove and you had to look behind you to see whats back there...

Electronic steering? Like there is no mechanical connection between the steering wheel and front wheels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.