SEMA 2010: Ford F-Series Concept Indulge Your Inner Bro - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Powerstroke.ORG News News related to Ford Diesels as well as site news. Only Administrators may create new threads in this section.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 Old 11-04-2010, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SEMA 2010: Ford F-Series Concept Indulge Your Inner Bro


The "bro truck" is a distinctly local phenomenon, common in the Southwestern United States, where a stereotypical bro drives a souped-up pickup, usually with an enormous and inappropriate lift kit. Ever concious of this important demographic, Ford made sure to bring some outrageous F-Series concepts to SEMA, in the hopes of capturing the all-important flat-bill baseball cap crowd.

This year, Ford is also highlighting their 6-cylinder Ecoboost powertrain option with two concept trucks, the Godfather Customs F-150 and an F-150 put together by an imaginatively named outlet called "The Custom Shop". While they don't quite fit the "bro truck" model, they do look like vehicles that those with discerning taste would avoid…making them perfect for SEMA!

More: SEMA 2010: Ford F-Series Concept Indulge Your Inner Bro on AutoGuide.com
AutoGuide.com is offline  
post #2 of 36 Old 11-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator


 
SuperCrutyPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orangevale, CA
Posts: 15,072
Thanks: 79
Thanked 473 Times in 457 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGuide.com View Post
"in the hopes of capturing the all-important flat-bill baseball cap crowd."
Maybe I'm old...(er).....Maybe I'm out of the lingo loop......BUT what the heck does that mean??


Owner | Operator: Darryl
My Truck Garage: Ol' Guy
Tow Toy Garage : Pilgrim International 31RE3SLF5
United States Navy - IC2 - '76-'80
SuperCrutyPS is offline  
post #3 of 36 Old 11-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
66Bronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 582
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Not just in the southwest. Brodozers are common on college campuses across the US. Why even here in the quaint little college town of Tuscaloosa, we have a proverbial inundation of said rolling turds.

'95 F-250HD
ZF 5-Speed 13'' clutch w/ SMF conversion
B&W Gooseneck
Custom Spare Tire Mount

66Bronco is offline  
post #4 of 36 Old 11-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Emergency Services
 
Shooter04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 1,593
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well i guess i drive a bro truck. No flat billed hat though





I can has?

2000 F250 XLT SB SC Auto
6" Lift, 37" BFG KM2's, 18" V-Tec Raptors, DIY Intake, Muffler Delete,
Cortex 1950 (), Kenwood Stereo/Amp/Speakers, Extra Cup Holders!! ( )




115,000 miles and rolling strong
Shooter04 is offline  
post #5 of 36 Old 11-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
somebodyelse5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,005
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to somebodyelse5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGuide.com View Post

The "bro truck" is a distinctly local phenomenon, common in the Southwestern United States, where a stereotypical bro drives a souped-up pickup, usually with an enormous and inappropriate lift kit. Ever concious of this important demographic, Ford made sure to bring some outrageous F-Series concepts to SEMA, in the hopes of capturing the all-important flat-bill baseball cap crowd.

This year, Ford is also highlighting their 6-cylinder Ecoboost powertrain option with two concept trucks, the Godfather Customs F-150 and an F-150 put together by an imaginatively named outlet called "The Custom Shop". While they don't quite fit the "bro truck" model, they do look like vehicles that those with discerning taste would avoid…making them perfect for SEMA!

More: SEMA 2010: Ford F-Series Concept Indulge Your Inner Bro on AutoGuide.com
SERIOUSLY? You really just put that up on this site? take it down, or edit it, because it is so far out of place, especially since you are pushing an ignorant stereo type on about half of the members on this forum.

Joe

White 2002 F350 7.3


Pinch weld covers
Amp steps
KMC XD Ambush
BFG AT's
aFe stage II with pro guard 7
Edge Juice w/ Attitude
Rockford, pioneer, kicker, polk
5" Turbo back from farmboy
Foil delete
08 vent badges
CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvroAero View Post
If you can cut a massive hole in your own fender, I'd say your the DIYOTM. I'd be ****ting myself that something would go wrong.
made my day
somebodyelse5 is offline  
post #6 of 36 Old 11-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Emergency Services
 
Shooter04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 1,593
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Meh.....doesn't bother me. The author of the article has the right to his own opinion.

2000 F250 XLT SB SC Auto
6" Lift, 37" BFG KM2's, 18" V-Tec Raptors, DIY Intake, Muffler Delete,
Cortex 1950 (), Kenwood Stereo/Amp/Speakers, Extra Cup Holders!! ( )




115,000 miles and rolling strong
Shooter04 is offline  
post #7 of 36 Old 11-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
powerhoghp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hedgesville, WV
Posts: 1,256
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyelse5 View Post
SERIOUSLY? You really just put that up on this site? take it down, or edit it, because it is so far out of place, especially since you are pushing an ignorant stereo type on about half of the members on this forum.
You can't honestly say that more than a handful of members have trucks lifted to the point of looking fantastic, but being impractical (though they do adapt to it).
powerhoghp is offline  
post #8 of 36 Old 11-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 503
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
eh, I see what they mean about the douche with sideways flat-billed hat. I am seeing a lot more of those lately with modded trucks. Its kind of embarassing because they always want to talk to me and I really dont wanna converse with a wigger... about anything, ever.
colonyofdrones is offline  
post #9 of 36 Old 11-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
banshee-rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scottsdale,AZ
Posts: 250
Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
iam a bro i wear flat billed metal mulisha hats but i also have been working at a lifted truck dealership since i was 16 and now 4 years later i worked my way up to internet director and wear polos all day long, so i could have a sick lifted superduty but if you cant laugh at yourself then you cant laugh at anything. This video is epic


Last edited by banshee-rider; 11-04-2010 at 04:08 PM.
banshee-rider is offline  
post #10 of 36 Old 11-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
somebodyelse5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,005
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to somebodyelse5
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhoghp View Post
You can't honestly say that more than a handful of members have trucks lifted to the point of looking fantastic, but being impractical (though they do adapt to it).
Im not saying they are practical, just that for the most part, none of us are "bros." Its pretty much a slap in the face. Bro is that kid who knows nothing about his truck, has it because it looks cool, and is pretty much an idiot in all aspects. some "bro" once told me his 01 7.3L was pushing 800hp...with exhaust and a hot tune...get my point?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter04 View Post
Meh.....doesn't bother me. The author of the article has the right to his own opinion.
i just think its weak to have it stuck on the homepage of the forum by an admin...

Joe

White 2002 F350 7.3


Pinch weld covers
Amp steps
KMC XD Ambush
BFG AT's
aFe stage II with pro guard 7
Edge Juice w/ Attitude
Rockford, pioneer, kicker, polk
5" Turbo back from farmboy
Foil delete
08 vent badges
CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvroAero View Post
If you can cut a massive hole in your own fender, I'd say your the DIYOTM. I'd be ****ting myself that something would go wrong.
made my day
somebodyelse5 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome