SEMA 2010: Ford F-Series Concept Indulge Your Inner Bro - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.ORG News News related to Ford Diesels as well as site news. Only Administrators may create new threads in this section.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 11:27 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SEMA 2010: Ford F-Series Concept Indulge Your Inner Bro

The "bro truck" is a distinctly local phenomenon, common in the Southwestern United States, where a stereotypical bro drives a souped-up pickup, usually with an enormous and inappropriate lift kit. Ever concious of this important demographic, Ford made sure to bring some outrageous F-Series concepts to SEMA, in the hopes of capturing the all-important flat-bill baseball cap crowd.

This year, Ford is also highlighting their 6-cylinder Ecoboost powertrain option with two concept trucks, the Godfather Customs F-150 and an F-150 put together by an imaginatively named outlet called "The Custom Shop". While they don't quite fit the "bro truck" model, they do look like vehicles that those with discerning taste would avoidůmaking them perfect for SEMA!

More: SEMA 2010: Ford F-Series Concept Indulge Your Inner Bro on AutoGuide.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGuide.com View Post
"in the hopes of capturing the all-important flat-bill baseball cap crowd."
Maybe I'm old...(er).....Maybe I'm out of the lingo loop......BUT what the heck does that mean??
Old 11-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Not just in the southwest. Brodozers are common on college campuses across the US. Why even here in the quaint little college town of Tuscaloosa, we have a proverbial inundation of said rolling turds.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Emergency Services

Well i guess i drive a bro truck. No flat billed hat though

I can has?
Old 11-04-2010, 12:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to somebodyelse5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGuide.com View Post

The "bro truck" is a distinctly local phenomenon, common in the Southwestern United States, where a stereotypical bro drives a souped-up pickup, usually with an enormous and inappropriate lift kit. Ever concious of this important demographic, Ford made sure to bring some outrageous F-Series concepts to SEMA, in the hopes of capturing the all-important flat-bill baseball cap crowd.

This year, Ford is also highlighting their 6-cylinder Ecoboost powertrain option with two concept trucks, the Godfather Customs F-150 and an F-150 put together by an imaginatively named outlet called "The Custom Shop". While they don't quite fit the "bro truck" model, they do look like vehicles that those with discerning taste would avoidůmaking them perfect for SEMA!

More: SEMA 2010: Ford F-Series Concept Indulge Your Inner Bro on AutoGuide.com
SERIOUSLY? You really just put that up on this site? take it down, or edit it, because it is so far out of place, especially since you are pushing an ignorant stereo type on about half of the members on this forum.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Emergency Services

Meh.....doesn't bother me. The author of the article has the right to his own opinion.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyelse5 View Post
SERIOUSLY? You really just put that up on this site? take it down, or edit it, because it is so far out of place, especially since you are pushing an ignorant stereo type on about half of the members on this forum.
You can't honestly say that more than a handful of members have trucks lifted to the point of looking fantastic, but being impractical (though they do adapt to it).
Old 11-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Premium Member

eh, I see what they mean about the douche with sideways flat-billed hat. I am seeing a lot more of those lately with modded trucks. Its kind of embarassing because they always want to talk to me and I really dont wanna converse with a wigger... about anything, ever.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:04 PM

iam a bro i wear flat billed metal mulisha hats but i also have been working at a lifted truck dealership since i was 16 and now 4 years later i worked my way up to internet director and wear polos all day long, so i could have a sick lifted superduty but if you cant laugh at yourself then you cant laugh at anything. This video is epic

Last edited by banshee-rider; 11-04-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to somebodyelse5
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhoghp View Post
You can't honestly say that more than a handful of members have trucks lifted to the point of looking fantastic, but being impractical (though they do adapt to it).
Im not saying they are practical, just that for the most part, none of us are "bros." Its pretty much a slap in the face. Bro is that kid who knows nothing about his truck, has it because it looks cool, and is pretty much an idiot in all aspects. some "bro" once told me his 01 7.3L was pushing 800hp...with exhaust and a hot tune...get my point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter04 View Post
Meh.....doesn't bother me. The author of the article has the right to his own opinion.
i just think its weak to have it stuck on the homepage of the forum by an admin...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.