Report: Shelby Unveils Supercharged F-150 Super Snake Muscle Truck Concept - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.ORG News News related to Ford Diesels as well as site news. Only Administrators may create new threads in this section.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Report: Shelby Unveils Supercharged F-150 Super Snake Muscle Truck Concept

It's just a concept for now, but Shelby Automobiles Inc., is hoping there's enough interest to go ahead and start building production versions of this muscle truck. Called the F-150 Super Snake Concept, the Shelby-inspired vehicle is based on a 2007 F-150 regular cab and lists extensive modifications to improve handling, styling and power.

For starters, there's a Whipple supercharger kit under the hood, helping the 5.4-liter V8 pump out 475-hp. Handling is helped out by a big set of 22-inch wheels and a suspension that has been lowered by 3-inches. And inside those wheels is a set of Baer six-piston brakes. As for style, the truck gets a complete aero kit, including a new hood. Additional modifications include a Borla exhaust 3:73:1 rear end and a custom interior.

"Carroll Shelby pioneered the muscle truck segment over 20 years ago," said Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Autos. "Our team built this concept F150 Super Snake to see if the public is ready for another high performance Shelby truck. We took the same approach to this project as we do for every Shelby. With its 'look at me' styling, earth shattering power, stop-on-a-dime brakes and go cart-like handling, it's a balanced performance truck that's as desirable to drive as it is to look at."

Shelby hasn't yet confirmed if it will offer this package but we imagine its in the cards. If so, it will be available for the 2003-08 F-150.

More: Report: Shelby Unveils Supercharged F-150 Super Snake Muscle Truck Concept on AutoGuide.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to southern7.3
Thats pretty dern cool
Old 11-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
saweeet..... about time someone makes a nice muscle truck out of the F 150 again... i know roush and saleen makes one but they look pretty weak
Old 11-09-2009, 01:43 PM

I want one! Do they make it in black? LOL
Old 11-09-2009, 02:10 PM
SOONER POWERSTROKER

Send a message via Yahoo to bundymon
Would been better with the 540HP Shelby Cobra motor in it.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:02 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
.... or with the 700+ KR Super Snake motor. Why not just take all the Shelby parts and just pop 'em into the F-150? Motor, Trans, rear, everything? Are you listening over there Carroll? Would be sweet in an AWD version. Ford had the AWD Explorer with the 5.0L V8 in it.

Better yet....how about a lowered 6.4 2wd reg cab with all the goodies, like the one that whats-it's-company did with the 6.0 and made it a short bed F-250 Thunder or what ever?

I'm totally down for some more performance fullsized trucks backed with a warranty.

My dream would be a 6.4L, lowered an inch or two in 4wd, built tranny, reg cab short bed that runs low 12's or high 11's all GT500KR SS styled, wheels and everything. It'd only cost about 15-20G tops over a decent new F-250 for all the performance stuff. They could sell 'em for about 80K (50K for a well optioned F250 XLT) and still make a decent profit on each truck. For $80K...you'd have a lot of buyers expecially with Carroll's name on the truck!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 03:54 PM

I've long been a fan of " the old chicken farmer's" work. Even the 80's Shelby Dodges........... I think I owned one of each example.

Probably should have kept that to myself...
Old 11-09-2009, 04:17 PM

i like dittys truck but lifted 4" and air lockers
Old 11-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Chug-a-lug!!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Why couldn't they revamp it with the newer body style and the new 6.2?
Old 11-10-2009, 05:21 AM

I would use a puke smiley but I couldn't find one. I'm glad someone is finally stepping up and making another performance F-150 but I still think the lightning is the best F-150 made to date. To me Shelby has constantly found a way to make some good looking vehicles look like pure ****, and I will say the "new" GT500 has been one of the worst mustangs I have ever seen. SVT had the Cobra and the Lightning two of my favorite vehicles, Shelby killed my plans to purchase a new cobra back in 06.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.