Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Updated Ford F-150 Spied with its New Face

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  BigGreen06 
#1 ·

The 2018 Ford F-150 is showing off its updated front end ahead of its debut.

The best-selling pickup truck in America is expected to unveil its refresh at the 2017 Detroit Auto Show with the latest spy photos revealing what to expect. The cosmetic changes intend to keep the F-150 fresh until the next-generation model arrives, with the front end adopting the Super Duty’s two-bar design but with more subtle details. In the rear, the tailgate also gets updated with a new handle.

Expect to see the new 10-speed automatic transmission jointly developed with Chevrolet to find its way to most of the F-150 models in time for the refresh, as it will be offered first on the new Raptor. Ford is also expected to update the EcoBoost V6 engine, making it more powerful and fuel efficient to continue making the F-150 as competitive as possible. There’s also a chance that a V6 diesel powerplant will debut in time for the update, while a hybrid variant has been confirmed further down the road.

Check back with AutoGuide.com for more details on the 2018 Ford F-150, as should it debut next week at the 2017 Detroit Auto Show.
Read more about the Updated Ford F-150 Spied with its New Face at AutoGuide.com.

See less See more
#2 ·
Why does it look a lot more like the 17 SD

#5 ·
Makes me think the same thing. IMO its the reason I chose Ford in the first place way back in 05, I liked that the SD's had a completely different design than the F150, But really with the 11-16 looks wise, they were starting to come back to the F150. Its a shame IMHO. But I will always be a Ford guy.

Reactions: JesseKK
#6 ·
The cover over the oval emblem and the 3D Stereogram wrap is a joke, just like in the movies removing the badges. Who are they fooling? Anyone that doesn't know it isn't a Ford, isn't interested in the truck anyway. lol. Hopefully they will have a big enough difference between the super duties and the F-150. Hell, they could come back out with the F250 LD :rofl:

#8 ·
The cover over the oval emblem and the 3D Stereogram wrap is a joke, just like in the movies removing the badges. Who are they fooling? Anyone that doesn't know it isn't a Ford, isn't interested in the truck anyway. lol. Hopefully they will have a big enough difference between the super duties and the F-150. Hell, they could come back out with the F250 LD :rofl:
Had a buddy at one time that got I think an 05 or 06 F250 LD (5.4), he of course knew he made a mistake when I came by with my 06 6.0 F250:grin:

Reactions: Azzkikin
#7 ·
I'd like to get a wrap with that black and white stereogram pattern and put it on my old 2002 F250. It'd drive the media nuts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.