Park Moabi Meet and Greet - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org Meet and Greets and Wrenching Days Post your Meet and Greet or Wrenching day here....No events!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Colorado River (Park Moabi) Meet and Greet

We are trying to gather interest in putting together a (Meet and Greet) or as I like to call it a good old boating/camping trip at Park Moabi which is just south east of Needles California. There is no registration list and this is not a scheduled event just a boating/camping trip with friends. If you are interested in joining us at Park Moabi PM me and if we get enough interest then we will proceed from there.

The Colorado River Park Moabi Camping Trip will be from September the 5th thru the 7th. The park charges $35 per RV for sites with hookups and $22 per night for sites without hookups. This price is per night for 3 nights Friday, Saturday and Sunday total cost is $105 per RV with hookups and $66 without hookups. Park Moabi will charge you $66 (three nights at $22) a night to reserve a site. Once you get to Park Moabi they will charge you the balance. For example, I am getting hookups so my total charge will be $105 minus the $66 that I put down to reserve the site which equals $39. My understanding is that tow vehicles and boats / trailers are included in that price but other vehicles will be charged an additional $22 per vehicle.

Currently, the only site available in September on the Riverfront Peninsula side that will hold at least 10 trailers is camp site number 16. The camp site has 10 spots for hookups and after I make my reservation there will be 7 spots available. So we will need at least 7 other individuals to reserve a site so that we can hold the site for ourselves. The site can hold a couple more RV’s if someone is interested and doesn’t need hookups but again we need 10 reservations to hold the site to ourselves. Camp site number 16 has the 2nd biggest beach and the most room for RV’s. There is 200' of river frontage (beach). Park Moabi also has unlimited tent camping if you prefer to tent camp.

You can bring your own RV or you can rent trailers. There is a rental company onsite that has three trailers:

River Rat Rental
"Holly"
Park Moabi
100 Park Moabi Rd.
Needles CA 92363
626-374-9144

They rent the trailers for $150 a night.

1. 1998 Wanderer - 29 X 8 with pop-out / sleeps 5

2. 2004 Aljo - 28 X 8 / sleeps 8 with three bunks

3. 1999 Sprinter - 28 X 8 / sleeps 5

Check in is 3:00 PM on Friday and check out is 1:00 PM on Monday.

The average high temp for these dates is 100*, and the low is 75*. Hope to see you there 78Southwind.

The following is a list of those that have confirmed that they are going to be camping with us.

78Southwind - Jerry - Excursion and 78Southwind/72Hallett - Renting Trailer
Wtprez - Rodney - F 350 and lots "o" toys
Cause for Divorce - Gary - Excursion, Motorhome and 72 Hondo
78Cole - Jeremie - Excursion, Motorhome and 78 Cole
Shaolin Crane-Guy-F350-1989 XS650
powerstroke23-josh and family-99 f-250

MOABI REGIONAL PARK
PARK MOABI ROAD
NEEDLES, CA. 92363
(760) 326-3831 Fax: (760-326-3272)
Moabi

Last edited by 78Southwind; 06-03-2008 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Updated list
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

To give you a better idea of what the area and the rental trailers look like the following are pictures of the Wanderer trailer, site 16, site 22, the Marina and then site 15. I have put on a couple of these trips and have always had a great time.

Park Moabi Beach in the channel coming off from the river

Campsite 16 Beach

Campsite 16 Hooksups

More Hookups

More Rvs and Hookups

Last edited by 78Southwind; 05-27-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Site 15

Old 03-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Banned

ill have to see....thats 9 hours or so for me.......and to get all my camping stuff there with the dogs i would have to take two cars.....ill just have to play it by ear.... Id be tent camping anyway so it doesnt sound like i need to make a priority reservation...
Old 03-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
ill have to see....thats 9 hours or so for me.......and to get all my camping stuff there with the dogs i would have to take two cars.....ill just have to play it by ear.... Id be tent camping anyway so it doesnt sound like i need to make a priority reservation...
I hear ya that's a long drive. But come on two cars you must pack like my woman.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78Southwind View Post
I hear ya that's a long drive. But come on two cars you must pack like my woman.
coolers wont fit in the trunk.....and with the coolers in the back seat there is no room for the dogs....
Old 03-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
coolers wont fit in the trunk.....and with the coolers in the back seat there is no room for the dogs....
I gatcha.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
I think it's time for you to step up and buy a truck. After all, you know how to work on them.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtprez View Post
I think it's time for you to step up and buy a truck. After all, you know how to work on them.
haha.....with as slow as its been at work i cant afford a payment
Old 03-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
We can see how it goes, but you may only have to bring those two cars as far as Wasco or possibly get by with one. You could just use my ice chest. I just might be on my own again.

I'll call tomorrow and reserve three more. I'm sure we can get this thing done. I'll have to talk Deviusdragger into towing my jet boat. I'll see if I can find a pic of it.

In fact, I may just snatch up the rest. I could probably get a few of my Whiskey Tango buddies into joining us if people don't step up. I'll be right at home in that 100 degree weather. Did I mention I was a wussie when it came to cold water?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.