96 7.3 new injectors and has a miss under acceleration - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
96 7.3 new injectors and has a miss under acceleration

hey guys im a long time reader but a first time poster. I have done extensive searches and research before posting. I have a 96 powerstroke with 167xxx miles. 3 inch down pipe to a 4 inch exhaust. afe intake. 6.0 trans cooler, tony Wildman tunes and gauges. I have recently installed a set of remanufactured stage 1 160cc single shot injectors by rosewood diesel. at the same time I also replaced all the uvch's and pig tails along with a fresh oil change with rotella 5w40 synthetic. once I installed and started I drove it as directed and it chugged like a miss under acceleration. I continued to drive it to get air out but no change after almost 200 miles. I have changed IDM and fuel filter with no change. I have also removed the valve covers and checked all connections and they were good and ensured that all injectors were spitting oil along with cleaning the ebp sensor and tube. I also cleaned the fpr screen. it idles fine starts right up but has a miss on acceleration until in the high rpms and than it runs awesome. I did a fuel pressure test and it bounces between 50-60 at idle and drops to and below 40 at WOT. it has gotten worse once I removed my chip (sent in to get reburned) and I am at a loss. would a weak mechanical fuel pump cause these strange symptoms due to it being cam driven? sorry for the long post but I figured more details are better than no details. thanks again guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If you didn't tug on or replace the fpr spring and replace the o rings in there you're probably still losing pressure due to a weak spring or fuel leaking by the o rings. I would order the fpr rebuild kit from diesel o rings or grab one from Ford if you need it quick. If the pressure is bouncing 10 psi I'd put money its the fpr. Fuel pressure should be constant and not drop below about 60psi under wot. I had 58 psi at idle and dropped to 35 under wot. New fpr and I have 68-70 psi at idle and 60-62 wot.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:02 PM

I believe fords spec is anything under 45psi is unacceptable. But it should be in the 55-65psi range
Old 08-03-2014, 07:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ah I see. I'll order that today. I'm gonna replace the mechanical fuel pump while I'm at it. Thanks for the quick replys!
Old 08-03-2014, 07:38 AM

Let us know how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.