Help Please 2005 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help Please 2005 6.0

Hello all,

New member but been reading threads here for years. I own a 2005 ford f250 xlt 6.0 powerstroke 115,000 miles. The help I need is she's finally mine and not the banks. My buddy and I are going to do a EGR delete, vc9 flush, coolant filter, 4" straight pipe, blue spring upgrade, and sct tuner to delete code if one shows for EGR delete. I'm wanting to upgrade my oil cooler while we are in there and my question might be dumb but I apologize. Weekend wrencher here with new diesel guy for only 4 years n I'm hooked. When I upgrade the oil cooler my problem I'm having is I don't know what I need. I go online and there's coolers/ gaskets etc. can I use my housing or does it need replacing? Please tell me exactly what I need here. Thinking upgraded oem here. Bulletproof oil cooler would be great but if I had the extra dough it would go towards arp head studs. Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2014, 11:39 AM
information regurgitator

check the link in my signature if you are going to stay stock.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Will do thanks.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:07 PM
information regurgitator

One more thing. If you are going to stay stock, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ON E-BAY!!!
There are people out there mis-representing what they are selling. Trust me when I tell you that you do not want to end up buying a Dorman oil cooler. The gaskets that come with those things actually are dissolving and clogging up the IPR's and HPOP's everywhere. They also do not have the capacity that the Ford cooler does.
There was a member here recently that bought what he thought was a Ford oil cooler from what he thought was a Ford dealer on e-bay. He got a Dorman Oil Cooler with the Ford part number rubber stamped on it and stuck in a Ford box. It didn't last him very long..a couple weeks maybe..
Use all original FORD parts purchased from a FORD dealer. There are a couple of dealerships that are sponsors of this forum and I highly recommend them. They give pricing to us that is the same as what a Ford tech would pay.
Sunrise Ford and AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake are the sponsor names <sponsors>.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you again I sure appreciate any info I can get. Yeah I'm OCD about actual parts I would only get at my dealer. I will be buying the aftermarket stuff from ebay because I can't find any online shop close to the prices. Buying my mbrp exhaust, sinister diesel coolant filter and EGR delete. The oil cooler will come from ford. It's $550 for the who cooler set up. Do I need everything or just the cooler and gasket set? Asking because it's about a $100 difference. Not sure if I need new housing I would think not but I'm nowhere near a pro.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:50 PM
information regurgitator

Oil cooler is $290.29. It comes with all the gaskets you need to reuse the existing oil cooler cover. You don't need a new one.
Upgraded fuel pressure spring $56.06. Recommend replacing this at that time. REAL easy to do.
One of each of these 3 things $112.70. Turbo mounting kit, turbo oil supply line (newest style) and the oil drain tube.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Awesome thanks. Do I need the sct tuner with the EGR delete or can I wait awhile it's another $350 I would rather spend a few months from now and not when I do the upgrades.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Sorry for the million questions but like I said I'm new to wrenching on diesels.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:43 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petal2themetaldiesel View Post
Awesome thanks. Do I need the sct tuner with the EGR delete or can I wait awhile it's another $350 I would rather spend a few months from now and not when I do the upgrades.
I have an 05 and my egr is deleted. I dont have a check engine light. From what i read its hit or miss with the 05. See what happens and if you get a code then get the tuner.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Will do thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.