Who can fix my 6.0? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Who can fix my 6.0?

I live in Huntsville Al and i have a 07 f250. I have takin to multiple shops with no luck and now their saying my head gskets are blown. does any one know of a shop in the area that nose what their doing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Premium Member

what wrong ...wont start or starts and runs like crap ? smoke ect....??
Old 05-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It started off as just a cold start issue that would go away after it warmed up. I took it to rocket city truck repair and it was down hill from their. they replaced the alternator, oil cooler, high pressure oil pump, and egr delete. After that they said it was good to go so i picked it up. It ran fine tell next morning when cold. I have been taking it back and forth for 3 months now with cold start issues and loosing coolant. They have been saying every thing is fine now they just told me the head gaskets are blown or the heads are cracked and its on me
Old 05-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Premium Member

ummm not good , sounds like they replaced everything that you were not having trouble with . for a cold start problem i would have added 8 oz of rev x and changed to rottella synthitic and seen what that would have done ...the egr is gone so your coolant is not going missing because of the egr cooler ...is there any leaks on the ground i would look for coolant leaks around where the egr delete is mabey the hooked something up wrong . did you have symptoms of hg going bad befor all this or was it just cold start isues ? do u have gauges ? what made them change the oil cooler and hpop ? what makes them think u have a hg problem opr cracked heads ...just the fact that coolant is missing? remember the coolant system could have had air in it from the work u had done mabey you are not loosing coolant .....how much coolant have u added?
Old 05-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I took it to them the first time for cold start and they said the alternater wasn't putting out enough voltage so they replaced that $500 and said it was good to go so I picked it up and still had the same issue and then a few days after that my check engine light came on for egr valve and exhaust gas so I pulled the egr valve to find water in my intake so I took it back explained that I was still having the same issues and on top of that the check engine light was on. That's when they did the oil cooler hpop and egr delete $3600. After all that and still the same issues I took it back repetitively for them to just say every thing was fine. They finally agreed at this point that something was rong so they took it in looked it over and told me that it could be injectors but that it would be on me that they did what they where supposed to do. So I picked it up and it was loosing coolant from degas bottle. I brought it back again and they said heads but again that's on me. So I picked up up again this last time and now its over heating belt is squeeling and my act programer is set on performance and they pretty much say I'm screwed.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

when mine did that ford put 2 heads on it. good luck.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Premium Member

man that sucks and i feel for you . i would return the truck to stock and stop driving it what codes did you pull from it ? i hope some one sees this and gets u in touch with the right person so you can get your truck going . good luck
Old 05-12-2012, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Absolutely quit driving it until you can have it repaire before you need to replace the engine and not just head gaskets or heads. Stay away from the shop that you have been dealing with as it seems they have replaced a bunch of stuff that wasn't necessary like the HPOP and maybe the alternator. Sorry for your troubles but somebody will chime in with some info on a decent shop near you.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I know this might not help and your a nice piece away from me but I have a few choices in north ga(all north of atlanta) and surrounding area. Let me know if I can help get you there if need be!
Old 06-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Take it to 72 automotive on sanderfer road in Athens. Robert knows everything there is to know about 6.0's and will help you out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.