I have a simple ?????? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2007, 06:35 PM
LTJDS

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy I have a simple ??????

Members are Members
Premium Members are Premium
Military Members are in the Military,
well that leaves Vendors being just that VENDORS !
I am at a LOSS to understand how in some of the threads I reply to as a member speaking, unbiased and based on personal experience, can further read posts that are made by Vendors that do not cover unbiased informational responses.
To read a thread response that is made by a vendor and ends with the "quote un quote" Call us when you are ready to buy seems to be OUT OF LINE.

Many vendors and I am not going to start naming names unless it becomes neccessary, reply open and honestly in the third person providing valuable info to a thread that has been posted, WITH OUT PLUGGIN THEIR NAME OR PRODUCT AND SERVICES AT THE END OF THEIR RESPONSE.
It seems all to often that some vendors (no Names YET) feel the need to make a connection to a member by not only providing info but Pluggin' their services to no end.

This I do not believe is what this site is for and not what I wish it to turn into.
Ex. Member to member suggesting whom they have had a quality experience with in the form of service and or pricing. This is done in an effort to steer members towards getting what they are lookin' for based on personal experience.
It is an entirely different beast when vendors start answering threads , concluding with call us for your best deal when you are redy to buy.
This is nothing but "ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION " at the determent to this sites goals and intentions.
People telling people who they have used and how their experience has been is a HOLE LOT DIFFERENT than a vendor replying to a thread, and in the end plugin' their available products and services.
IS''NT THAT WHAT THE VENDOR FORUM IS FOR ?????

If any vendor or for that matter all vendors ended their response to "call us when your ready" or, "We have package deals available" this site would be turned into an advertising forum. IMO this is not what any moderator of this site believes is fair to members and other vendors alike.

PLEASE - PLEASE - PLEASE do not let this POO get out of control. It brings the quality of this site down.
Many upon Many vendors respond to many threads without pimping themselves out at ervery conceivable point.

I hope My comments are taken seriously, for GOD"S sake Powerstroke.org is my Homepage and I want to keep it that way....Thank you for the ear and chance to express my concerns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2007, 06:48 PM
The Fat Mod

Ltjds, I am sorry that you feel that way about the vendors here. I belive they have a lot of good information. They do help many people with problems, install question, product questions and the like. We have 25 vendors I belive and 13,238 members. This place will never become a vendor run site. It is for members. But, the vendors are here to sell product when it comes down to it. They also pay a pretty penny to beable to do that. That is why we dont let just any Joe blow off the street to come around and start throwing out stuff about products. I would like to think we have some of the best if not the best vendors in the market on the site to help all the members with what they need or maybe wanting. I also think that many of the vendors do make a personel connection with many of the members, weather it is from forum post, PMs, or in the chat room. I know many of the vendors come here to enjoy the site like many of the rest of us. I hope that answers some of your questions, and if you have any other question, let me or anyone else know
Old 06-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Banned

interesting to read this post. I recall about a wek ago Raul was giving a member or non member advise about a shift kit and never plugged himself for a sale. Fact is I did the plug for him.

Many of the vendors on this site have more product knowledge than others on this site. I think we should value there opinions and knowledge to the fullest and do our best to support them.

Realize the vendors don't just sell to us org'ers but have a regular busines to run. They pay good money to be on this site and chances are if they are willing to give you the best price we should support them.

Myself being in the aftermarket business don't support places such as ebay where only I suffer from it. There are plenty of vendors on here that all have great products and pricing is usually not far off of cost. Where else can you buy a complete TB exhaust system for 250.00.

Too all reader please support our vendors because they really do support you to.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:37 AM
LTJDS

Smile Dieselman77

You may have mis understood my point of information..
I have NOT named any Names Positive or Negative'
I never stated that there are vendors on our site that do not deserve to share their wealth of info and great pricing for us common folks,
I , my main point being , Vendor forums,(which there are) should be where the vendors discuss sales and specials.
It is when I am reading a thread posted by a member which has been responded to by both other members and vendors (who are members too), and at the end of a vendors comments or response, they do not leave it at just that.
It seems to me that more times than not the larger percentage of vendors, Like Raul, Patrick, or yourself for that matter, respond to a thread in a neutral capacity.
Few are the vendors who of which all pay for site advertising, take the time to plug themselves at the end of a thread.
Specials and package deals and closeouts should be refrained from being included in an unbiased thread.
If a member who is NOT a Vendor wants to reccomend a vendor based on personal experience with quality of service or GREAT pricing, NO PROBLEM.

If a vendor responds to a thread in a helpfull manner and does not finish their thread with, "Call us when your ready" or "We have package deals" that would be within the proper code of ethics.

If not, basically the vendor or vendors that have the most time to answer or respond to member ?? and end their post with some of the fore mentioned quotes. would be out advertising the vendors who leave sale and specials info where they belong,(IN THE VENDORS FORUM).

I AM NOT A VENDOR AND, I HAVE, AND STILL WILL CONTINUE TO PURCHASE FROM DIFFERENT SITE VENDORS.

I would like to seperate commentary from advertising making the playing field equal to all who participate and not to the ones who can respond to the most threads.

I am not pointing fingers OR naming names, I am simply looking for unbiased support and commentary that does not have a "Sales Pitch" attached at the end of it.

I hope this makes sense to all who read this post.
And to all Vendors THANK YOU for supporting the membership in the great way that you do.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
JMO. but i see allot of questions asking every one where or whom to get a specific part or mod from that rarely get answered. I would honestly like to see a few more venders jump in and say "oh Ive got that" or "I can order that for you" or "I carry a similar part that you can use to do the same thing" sadly Im sure allot of our vendors probly have better things to do with their time than to pick through hundreds of threads a day looking to scalp a sale every chance they get. I love this forum and I was totaly ignorant to how a diesel even functions before i found the great people here members and venders alike.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
i think it makes sense, but personally i dont have any issues with the vendors throwing in a " call me when your ready", or " we have good deals for members" or whatever. you made a good point but is it really dragging the site down? i dont think it is. JMO.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:10 AM
The Fat Mod

I think the biggest part of what he is saying is that he wants to see Vendors be members first, and not just Used car lot vultures looking for a sale. That they should want to be here and post not just on something when they are trying to sell. I agree with that, and I also think that our vendors do a great job of doing that just about all the time when I see them post. Yeah, there maybe one or two, but they are here to make money as well as make friends and learn new things.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:53 AM
LTJDS

Talking You r correct

Thank you Logan , I am in no way trying to be negative in any way.
I am a Premium Member and would be more if there was a HIGHER STATUS OF MEMBERSHIP. This site is my homepage, and I believe Logan understands the direction I am goin' in.
I mean no disrespect to any vendors as i have and will not bring specific vendors or threads into this conversation.
I am only lookin' for Ethical and Equal Treatment amoungst all Vendors, to themselves. I praise the quality of this site, anybody thinking I am tryin to throw a pity party are mistaken.
I LOVE and will continue to support this site in every way possible.
Again Thanks....LOGAN,
Old 06-14-2007, 07:21 PM
The Fat Mod

Sure thing buddy, anytime
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.