Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

97 f-250 front axle swap

978 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  natenel1 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently just started my axle swap. I had to old crap IFS in my f250 which was tie to go. I bought a solid front axle out of an 95 f350. The axle was in good shape but I just have some question and concerns about it. I Had also out on my 4inch rough country lift right before I put the new axle on. First concern is my that the axle sticks out about half an inch further on the driver side of my truck. Second is how do I adjust my front linkage on my axle so it will be straight and line up perfect to the pitman arm with my steering wheel straight as well as my tires. Third and hopefully last is being an old axle I noticed that I have to get a different U-boldt bracket for the drivers side. ON the IFS It is flat but since I had upgraded I noticed that the pumpkin is halfway in the way of the of where the bracket goes. IS there some sorts of special bracket that I can get? I had built a custom one for now until I can find a different one.
Thank you for all your help.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.