Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Project early 99

Tags
#rebuilt
783 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  6.7psd 
#1 ·
Well it all started when I bought an e99 with 314000 miles. The truck was blowing white smoke like no other but I still put 2000 miles on it before I decided to rebuild it. After further experimenting I figured out cylinder #5 was dusted and caused all the unburnt fuel (white smoke). My buddy works at reviva and offered to rebuild it for me so I said ok. When he got the engine and started pulling it apart found that number 5 rings where chewed after being dusted. This engine is the 235hp and 500 torque engine. Also the engine had forged rods so that's a plus. The motor was cleaned then bored 30 over which made it 450ci. After everything was rebuilt it was dyno time. The crank power was 246hp and 534 torque which is a good improvement for a basically stock motor.:icon_ford:.
Mods to go on truck are exhaust tuner and intake maybe more in the future look at my album for pictures more to come and ask questions I've got answers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.