Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Body removal?

747 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  huskerdually 
#1 ·
Can someone knowledgeable please post a list of items that must be disconnected to get the body off the frame. I am doing a 2002 Van, but the list would be similar to a truck.
I am concerned with the engine harness primarily, and the difficulty factor of it.
But I would like to know what else is necessary. I am an experienced back yard mechanic, and look forward to this challenge. I have a way to lift the body once it is free of the frame.
Thanks

#2 ·
I am by far no expert, in fact probably barely competent. I am tearing down a 01 ccsb to do a body swap. I gutted the interior, mostly for when I reassemble I want to clean up everything inside. Under the hood I mostly just removed everything from the inner fenders and firewall. I left the wiring attached to engine and left all the brake lines attached.

I don't know what your plans are but I say just start on it marking wires and taking pictures, it really isn't that bad just a little time consuming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.