Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

changing the full body on an Excursion

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RedneckGirl 
#1 ·
Hello out there, I am new at this, but here I go. I really need help here,,,
I have a 2001 7.3 Excursion 4x4, and I had a mishap, fell off the lift & destroyed most of sheet metal. I want to know if I can use a body from a V10 and set it on my 7.3 frame, and what all I might expect to change out. I am also wondering if more than one year would work, as my stock 2001 7.3 is all most all stock, and I loved this truck, great truck. Thanks to anyone Crushindan

#2 ·
You should be able to swap the body since the diesel engine was just an upgrade from the V10. I'd think that you'd be able to just drop it on and place your computer modules, wiring harness, and cluster into the new body. I had a 2003 Ex with a pretty good lift on 35's and was hit. I ended up hitting a curb and the truck rolled onto its side. Insurance totaled it out, but it sold high at auction because it was a beautiful, spotless truck with lots of extras outside of the damage from the wreck. The windshield, and glass was damaged, and from nose to tail on the passenger side, and the people who bought it replaced the damaged doors with salvage and repainted them, as well as the front quarter panel. They reskinned the rest of the body and it turned out beautifully. They sent me pictures of it and I would have never guessed it had been rolled.

Reactions: areelius
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.