Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Wheel Suggestions for my black 2003 f250

4K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Orin250 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking for buy some new wheels for my 6.0 and i was torn between the chrome and black 18 inch fuel octanes. My truck is stock height with 18 inch wheels and 325-65-18 nitto terra grapplers. I have a 2.5 leveling kit in the mail as well as a 3.5mm black mesh grill so take those into consideration, if you have any opinions or suggestions for different wheels I'd be happy to hear them, also if you happen to find picture of a truck that looks similar to mine with with fuel octanes i'd love to see it. Many Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm partial to black. But you can always go chrome then when you get tired of it just paint them black with rust oleum flexi dip. You can just peel the black off if you wanna go back to chrome. My buddy did that with his chrome wheels. The flexi dip is still holding up well.

#4 ·
I think either will look good. I think the all black thing is getting kinda played out. Don't get me wrong looks good but everyone does it...little chrome goes a long way I think...I also would say go up on wheel size..I've got 18s and wish I would have gone with at least 20s but would love 22s...and if your gonna buy new ones might think about it.... I know I will when it comes for new tires....

#6 ·
I would go 20's but I think they would rub with 35's. I've been rubbing for a year now with this setup and I'm pretty excited to end it lol

#7 ·
I couldn't tell you what brand they were, i don't even know if they are a specific brand. I got it off of ebay from a vendor that had good reviews, 3 inch blocks and longer u bolts

#8 ·
20's on 35's wouldn't rub with a leveling kit as long as they have a decent negative offset. You have to keep in mind if your 18's are probably a +/- 0 offset the 20's can be as much as -44mm outbound so you would gain that distance from your leaf springs.

#9 ·
I vote chrome... I like the look of a mono-chrome or blacked out/color matched truck but wheels need some sparkle to them. Thats why I like my Cepek DC2's... not all black, just enough sparkle.

But... to each their own... its your truck, what do you like?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
I love the way color matched black trucks look but i very rarely see an all black truck that isn't suspension lifted 6' or higher with chrome wheels. and even less 6.0's fitting that category. So I currently can't find anything to judge what my truck might look like with chrome wheels

#13 ·
I'm no expert in the field...I just wanted to warn you what I've read about blocks being unsafe. But, yes, add a pack or mini leafs is what I think they suggested. If I can find where I read it I'll forward the link to you.

#14 ·
#16 ·
Blocks in the rear are fine. It's blocks on your front leafs you don't want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.