2014 F250 Lariat Build - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org Builds & Projects Post your builds & projects here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2014, 05:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2014 F250 Lariat Build

Hey guys, just figured I would start a thread showing the progression of my F250. I bought it back in May, and so far I have done a decent amount of modifications to it, but it's not over yet. Hopefully you enjoy the pics and feel free to ask any questions about the parts/things I've done so far. I can help anyone trying to do the same thing. Thanks!

Originally I went to a dealership that had a 2014 F250 Lariat in the Sterling Grey and it was already lifted and had M/T's and rims on it, but they weren't willing to knock a few K off of the price, so I scratched that idea. I went to another dealership and ended up getting a bare bones (Just referring to no aftermarket parts) Lariat and doing the all the fun stuff myself.

Here she was the first week: Bone stock. It didn't stay that way for long!

One of the first mods additions was tint. I can't stand driving a fishbowl. So I colormatched my front windows to my rear (Keep in mind, yes they are they same shade, it was just a bad angle due to light transmittal from the windshield):

After that I added a Pro Comp lift kit (3.5 inch front 3 inch rear), Black Rhino rims, and Atturo 35" M/T's (I will express my feelings on these tires at a later date). But at this point, it's starting to look a little more badass(Apologies for the crap pictures, I didn't anticipate using them on a forum, better ones will be up shortly):

Then I changed out the stock headlights for smoked Recon Projector headlamps with the halos and LEDs, and also added "Raptor style" marker/running lights (etrailer.com, called Sealed Miro Flex Mini Thinline Led Light 3 Diode Amber). At night I think it does the truck well appearance wise:

I'm going to split these posts up, so hang on for round two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2014, 06:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

After the lift/wheels/tires and lights, I was at odds with what I wanted to do next, but I ended up getting some N-FAB nerf bar steps and some Rigid Industries lights and a light bar. The light bar being mounted on a Randy Ellis Designs low profile bar and the smaller Rigids being placed underneath on either side of the license plate. It was a little bit of a pain because for some reason my Lariat didn't have the upfitter switches from the factory, so I had to buy the unit separately and put that on myself before I could hook up any lights, not a big deal though:

I also didn't know what to do about the big chrome "6.7L Powerstroke Turbo Diesel" emblems on the side of each front door. I didn't want to go all black, but I didn't want to take them completely off because I do like the look. So I got creative with the Plasti-Dip and it actually came out really really well IMHO.

Again, I'll split up these posts, but in the next one I'll outline what is left to do on the truck still.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The most recent modification (Emblems were last week, this was this week), is the hood graphic. I wanted to go with a very subtle "Raptor-esque" look, but I didn't want to copy 100%. I have the marker lights, but that's about it so far when talking about doing something "Raptorish". I've seen some F150's with different hood graphics and the Raptor has a few versions as well. So I talked with Craig at Wrap Works here in San Clemente, CA and decided that we would try something out. In my mind, I think it's small enough to not scream "WANNA BE RAPTOR" but you do notice it when seeing the truck at distance. I have more plans for graphics (specifically ones like on the F250 Raptor that was done a while ago) but instead of writing "Raptor" all over it, I would have a few brand stickers. Again, that's only in the planning stages. This is what I have done now though:

Early next week I have a full HID kit coming for my Recon headlights, as well as Xenon bulbs for both the high beams and fog lights. That should be interesting to see in conjunction with the light bar. Also, if anyone knows why my halos in the Recon lights are not as bright as others, and why those LEDs in the bottom are REALLY blue, feel free to let me know. I'm still in the middle on how I feel about them, and the stock photos on Recons website look different than mine.

In the immediate future will be Fox Shox, a Line-X'd bed, BushWacker Fender Flares PTM body color, and modifications to my tail and brake lights. But for now, this is where I'm at as of today. My truck will be in a photo shoot next week, so I'll be sure to post pictures of that as well.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

A little bit of shooting out in the desert with the truck acting as my gun rest for the 150m shots. She's a street queen about 70% of the time, so being able to properly use the 4 high and 4 low gearing was nice again. No problem navigating some rather rough and washed out terrain as well as some steep inclines to get to where our spot is.

virgildeanjr likes this.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:13 PM

Beautiful truck and build! I just picked up my new '14 F250 Lariat 6.7 myself last night!
Old 08-18-2014, 05:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

a10, thank you! How do you like yours so far? I remember when I first got mine I would always look over my shoulder at it when walking away from it in parking lots. Just straight mirin' it. Hell, I still do that lol. And what color did you get?
Old 08-18-2014, 05:50 AM
RLTW!

Your power stroke emblems came out perfectly. Well done!
Old 08-18-2014, 05:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Here's some pictures from the little shoot we did the other day. They're highly edited and messed with, but that was just me messing around with them. Hope y'all enjoy. And to keep this post relevant, I blacked out my center marker lights in the grille, so they look a little more low key and a lot better to me.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalF250 View Post
a10, thank you! How do you like yours so far? I remember when I first got mine I would always look over my shoulder at it when walking away from it in parking lots. Just straight mirin' it. Hell, I still do that lol. And what color did you get?
I absolutely am in love with this truck! My brother has a '12 F250 6.7 and that's what sold me on getting one.

A picture is on my intro thread,

New from central Florida: 2014 F250 Lariat crewcab 6.7 Power Stroke

What if any fuel additives do you use? Interested in what you do for up keep that has allowed a heathy diesel?

I have been doing a lot of research but no one really states what they ACTUAL use for oils and additives.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-18-2014, 06:24 AM

Nice photo shoot pictures!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.7, build, f250, project

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.