Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

my budget build/dd

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  4tun8 
#1 ·
2004 f350 cclb with 243k miles bone stock.

The weekend I bought it I picked up a trencher for some yard work.

While backing in my driveway and during turns it felt like it was dragging/binding. Took it to my buddy and we determined the hub was bad. That was confirmed when we pressed the axle out and all the needle bearings fell out.

After fixing that I took it for a test drive. Approaching a red light it felt like something let loose in the rear and the truck basically stopped itself. Limped it back to the shop and saw a groove in the rotor. So I got new rear rotors and pads.

Removed the wheel, unbolted the caliper, pulled up and the caliper and pistons inside fell out, in multiple pieces.

So after a caliper, rear pads and rotors, And a right front hub and seal all in the first 2 weeks of owning it, I hope I'm good for at least 2 months.

So far I have an Alpha dog egr delete waiting for install. Next is a turbo back exhaust and intake. Then saving some money to do head gaskets and studs as a precaution. I'm not going to wait for them to fail.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.