E99 Dually Project (by a cheapskate) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org Builds & Projects Post your builds & projects here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
E99 Dually Project (by a cheapskate)

After having my e99 for a year I have finally got around to making a project thread. I purchased my truck a year ago for $5,000 dollars and it had been my high school project. At that point it had a flatbed Super cab 4x4 6 Speed XLT 265,000 miles with a ranch hand brush guard. I bought it knowing that it would need some work. The flat bed looked good but was rusty to the point of being structurally unsound, it needed an alternator, starter, and it cut out at wide open throttle, and small things in the interior didn't work (power locks and windows). It also had driver side cab corner rust and needed paint. At this point (10,000 miles later and a senior in high school) I have installed a regular dually bed, new back bumper, 05 front end, Leveling Kit, and I am in the process of doing injectors right now. At this point I have about $6,000 in the swap after selling the flatbed and brush guard that were on it when I got it. The next thing on my list is paint. The pics go from oldest to newest.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2014, 04:53 AM

I just ordered the Autoenginuity Ford bundle. I'm really curious to see what codes its throwing and I cant wait to be able to run diagnostic tests.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:01 PM

I just ran a few tests with my new scanner. No major diagnostics yet, just scanned for a few basic trouble codes and heres what I got: No major engine codes with basic tests....but a load of electrical and brake problems.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks like you have done a lot of work to it already and it's looking better all the time.
Good luck on getting all of the things done to it that you want.
Doug
Old 03-07-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD40 View Post
Looks like you have done a lot of work to it already and it's looking better all the time.
Good luck on getting all of the things done to it that you want.
Doug
Thanks it's getting there. I want to get it painted and then I think I'll do some minor engine mods like custom tuning, a ww2, stage 2 injectors, and possibly a ported compressor housing.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:30 PM

I've been having no start issues, so I just ordered a new IPR.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:28 AM

Another update, my IPR came in, I installed and I'm still getting code p1283, no start and low ICP pressure. There is bare copper showing on the connection to the IPR harness and ICP harness. I have an extra UVCG harness and the injector leads happen to be the same as the IPR. I'm gonna splice a new section in and see if that does the trick.

Here some pics of the IPR removal tool that I built. I saw this design using a flat piece of steel on the internet and if I had to it again I would have used a piece of rebar or something similar.The flat piece took up a lot of room. I had to drill a larger hole through the center of the socket for the IPR to fit.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:55 PM

I got it running, IPR was was not the problem. My IPR Wiring however was a different story. Both wires had bare copper showing and were touching. I pulled them apart and it started like a champ. Runs great, this is the first time that Ive started it with new injectors.

Im finishing up my 05-07 front end install for the next couple of days and then I'm having it painted at the end of this week or the middle of next week. Ill post pics of finished product.

Upcoming performance mods include custom tuning, water meth, and a ww2.
WHEELER3129 likes this.

Last edited by E99F350Stroker; 03-18-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:44 PM

New Headlights! They seem to be built well and they were reasonably priced. I'm going to liberally use silicon when I install them so hopefully no condensation can get in. Before I can install the headlights I have to install my 05 header panel and do some minor wiring.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:36 PM

My truck is back from paint!!! I am pleased with the results that I got for the price that I paid. My 07 front end swap is also finally complete, I took a few crappy phone pics of the truck pre paint and a I have a few more crappy phone pics post paint before my new front end was installed. Ill take some tomorrow with my digital camera to show the full truck and finished product.

I also just ordered a 7" Caterpillar stack from Smeding Diesel so I can finally get rid of the hack job exhaust that the previous owner put on there.

PRE PAINT:

POST PAINT:

And the Stack I ordered. Mine will be a little smaller but its basically the same.

Next on the list is TUNING!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.