99 250 build up :) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org Builds & Projects Post your builds & projects here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 10:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
99 250 build up :)

ok thought i would start this one out with what i got lol. she is a 99 250 super duty (from what i can tell means im 8000 pounds of pms) 7.3 turbo. so far it has a upgraded turbo and a half assed air intake with a bully dog programer.
this went from a simple fix and drive to pretty much a full resto. she is getting new doors,paint,wheels,front and maybe rear windows,stereo,push bar and lights. so here is a few questions i have for you guys i know that some of the body parts are interchangeable between the expedition and the 250/350 but what id like to know is are the interior panels as well i was thinking of going to some of the local junk yards and to try and find black non power door panels because i don't like the gray and around me the 250/350's are never found in the yards. two it has the old style bulb lights do the upgraded ones have the same connectors on them or am i going to have to rewire to accommodate. the last question for this run lol is can you do and damage to the engine by putting an air restrictor delete in (the thing that makes the truck sound like a jet when warming up)? any advise would be great thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2014, 04:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Hope you meant excursion and not expedition.

I THINK the 03-04 light housing accepts the same bulb as the 99-02's. Someone that has done the 03-04 housing should let you know. I believe the 05 housing takes a different style bulb which requires you to get buy new pig tails and wire them in.

EBPV delete kit. No harm done.

Last edited by strokin-7.3; 02-23-2014 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Didn't understand OP, but do now.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

if you want better lighting get 05 lights with the harness gonna cost you about 300 bucks.

i have stock lights with sylvania bulbs. way better than stock but the 05 headlights are even better than those.

if you want to get rid of the ebpv valve (restriction delete thingy you mentioned) riffraff sells a highflow outlet and non ebpv pedestal.

Last edited by blue99stroker; 02-22-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You can pick up a set of lights, used, every now n then for $100. $15 for pigtail adapters on ebay. Just bought mine for $9.88 shipped.

Lots of people unhook/delete or buy a non EBPV pedestal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 02-23-2014, 08:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks for the help and yes i meant excursion lol im not sure why i got the two mixed up.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

lol truck is in pieces from this weekend started stripping her down and just got the new push bar man this is going to look sick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.