2012 F250 - "I'm just gonna leave it stock" build - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org Builds & Projects Post your builds & projects here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 10:36 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2012 F250 - "I'm just gonna leave it stock" build

Thought I would start a thread for my 2012 F250 FX4 Lariat. I do the same for my Jeep over on the Jeep forums, so why not here.

I received my truck in January of 2012. It was brand new off the lot, but a heck of a deal with the 2013s out.

This is the truck the night it was delivered.

The truck itself was so nice, I said from the start, "I'm just gonna leave it stock."
A few months later, I started order parts.

Before it left the dealership, the added a spray-in bedliner, PE roll cover, B&W gooseneck hitch, and tinted the front windows to match the rear.

I have only bought a few things for the truck, and installed fewer.

Items I have:

HID headlights and fogs
Recon LED interior lights
Rough Country 3" lift
Amp Research steps
Fab Fours rear bumper
21" LED light bar
50" LED light bar
2x2 flush mount LED lights
JL Audio subs
Supercrew Sounds enclosure
Focal front components
Kicker "Front Row" processor
Kicker sub amp
PPI speaker amp
Kicker 1/0 amp kit

Will run a BFG AT tire, and still shopping for wheels.

I am also planning on a Trail Ready front bumper as I don't really care for the Fab Fours as much.

I honestly can't think of much else that I would do. I think that is enough considering I wasn't planning to do anything originally.

Last edited by TXST8tj; 12-17-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2013, 10:38 AM

So far, the only things actually installed are the headlights and interior lights, 21" LED light bar, as well as the rear bumper - as of yesterday.

My plan is to install the flush mount LED floods in the "FF" location on the bumper. I would rather have lights than advertisement

21" LED light bar using Rigid mount.

I removed the factory side steps in preparation for installing the AMP steps. Just waiting for a couple hours to knock those out.

Last edited by TXST8tj; 12-17-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:41 AM

Rear bumper looks good! Interested in seeing the headlights and fogs when you get them done,daytime & night time shot :thumbup: .
Old 12-19-2013, 06:42 AM

I will try to remember to take some pics of the lights. They have been installed pretty much since I got the truck....first things to go in.
Projector housings are really the only right way to do HIDs, but I have not gone down that road with this truck yet.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

JL Sub(s) Plural? What size and how do you plan on mounting? I'm unsure if you have the electric window or not, but the sub box's I've seen have allowed for 2 subs without the electric window, and one sub with.

edit nvm just saw your box and checking out their site. Still, what subs did you go with?
Old 12-19-2013, 07:28 PM

Yes, as you have seen, it is a dual 10" enclosure from supercrewsounds.com. The specific enclosure I ordered works with or without the power sliding rear window, which I do have. The vent on the drivers side has to be removed, but I find that to be the case with most 250 enclosures.
They made it to spec for my two JL 10w0v3s.
They are 300rms each subs. I have been running a single 10w0 in my Jeep for a while now and love the performance.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:13 AM

The stereo is installed. The PPI amp is toast, so it will be replaced by a JL amp when it arrives on Monday. The supercrewcsounds enclosure fits like a glove and the subs seem happy in it.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:16 AM

Got my new wheels. BMF Novakane's. I know they are very popular with the F250 crowd, but I could not resist. I just like them.
I can't wait to get my lift installed so I can take these in to mount on the new tires. Still 70% leaning toward BFG ATs for the all around performance (noise, life, aesthetics, etc.), but 30% on some Toyo MTs.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:18 AM

I installed the Amp Research steps a little while back. No worthwhile picture of them installed, but here are some parts on the table
I have always been impressed with the quality of their harnesses and parts in general.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:26 AM

Speaking of suspension lift.....I had my Rough Country 3" coils powdercoated black (instead of the grey they come as).
It is the simple things that really set off the look of a truck when you start the modification process.

I am waiting to install the lift until the new shocks come in. After riding in my buddy's f250 that we installed the same lift on, I realized that I was not going to be happy with the RC shocks. We pretty well assumed it from the start; but some seat time confirmed it.

I have some Fox shocks on order (as well as stabilizers), but I am in week 2 of an approx. 4 week backorder. These are the non-remote res. shocks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.