Project Outlaw - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org Builds & Projects Post your builds & projects here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Project Outlaw

So I finally picked my truck up this past weekend, and I am madly in love. Having been out of a full size truck for a couple years it's great to be riding high again.

As it sits right now it is a 2006 F350 XLT CC SB SRW FX4 with the 6.0. It has 170,000 KMS (102,000 miles) and has already had ARP studs, blue spring, EGR delete, and a CTS tuner installed.

It is my daily driver, but since I have a work truck most of the time and very limited free time I don't expect it to get heavy use. I want my build to improve it's functionality, without making the truck a pain to deal with.

So here's my list so far, in roughly the order I currently think I will tackle things.

Rims and tires: I know I want black rims, and not Rockstars or Moto Metal. Tires will be Duratracs, but I haven't decided on size yet.

Rigid lightbars: I'm going to put a 20" flood bar in where the fog lights are currently, and and toying with the idea of either a 50" spot/combo on the roof or two smaller spot bars mounted vertically beside the grill.

ARB lockers: Front and rear, it's overkill, but I prefer to have it and not need it then need it and not have it. Besides, showing off can be fun.

And eventually, far far down the road, paint (black), front and rear bumpers, a winch, and HID lights with projector lenses.

That is the list, as it stands now. It will change and grow, I have no doubt. things will get added, removed, and reshuffled, but right now this is my plan.

I will upload some pictures of the truck this week if I get home while I still have some light to take them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2013, 06:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

As promised! Photos! I wasn't able to insert them as links from photobucket, anybody able to help me out?

In photo 1 we have my truck, my sister-in-law's 2011 F150, and my wife's 2013 Escape is hiding in the corner. It's a Ford driveway for sure.

Photo 2 is where I'm thinking of trying to install a vertical spotlights beside the main grill.

Photo 3 is my Edge tuner. I don't really know much about it, and I don't have any paperwork to read for it. I can, will google it when I have more time. Again, any information would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Project Outlaw-20131126_082910.jpg   Project Outlaw-20131126_082937.jpg   Project Outlaw-20131126_083021.jpg  
Old 12-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So last week a couple of my co-workers hit two deer driving a route that I take fairly frequently for work. This has caused me to rethink my list, the first thing I will be doing next spring is ordering these bumpers

Road Armor® :: 2005-2007 Ford Superduty Front Stealth Winch Bumper with Titan II Guard

Road Armor® :: 2005-2007 Ford Superduty Rear Stealth Winch Bumper

And then I will run PIAA 510 up front in the buckets.

I will also be picking up a couple Bubba Ropes for the next time I have to pull co-workers out of a ditch.

4x4 Products • Bubba Rope
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.