Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

My 450 HP 7.3 build

31K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Pullnpray 
#1 ·
Well after doing some homework and the toss and turn on a 12 valve cummins i dumped some money and devotion into my 02 7.3L XL CREW CAB LONG BED. the story behind this truck is that it was an older beat up work truck. the truck has 225k on it. I recently started overhauling the entire truck. coated the entire frame with a rubberized coating. new bed, tailgate, new fenders and some other small stuff. the roof had been pushed in a little bit and the braces gave out. so i cut them out and built new ones to replace the old. at the point in time i needed to replace the fuel injectors due to they were missing on 2 cylinders. and now i have done some homework and made a couple phone calls. I called over to FULL FORCE DIESEL and spoke with Matt over there. he and full force were awesome to work with and i can promise you it wont be the last time i deal with them. after a talking with Matt we went ahead and priced out a small performance build for my 02 to get started.

here is what i purchased to get going:
-AFE pro dry stage 2 cold air intake
-MBRP 4" straight exhaust, no muffler
-Stage 2 160cc Single shot Full Force Injectors with modified nozzles
-TS performance 6 position chip with gearhead custom tunes
-94-97 Adrenaline pump
-Regulated return (retains fuel bowl)
-Edge Attitude CTS module
-and a pyrometer to go with the module

Estimated about 450HP

Parts should becoming in within the next few weeks. then to break dow the truck and get the parts rolling.

i plan on also doing a nice torque converter, valve body and a upgraded compressor wheel for the turbo.

Stay tuned for the build. will try to have as many pictures as possible

Thanks, Earl.

See less See more
#3 ·
That's what Matt said. He said anything more than 450 could be a potential problem. He said I should do the compressor wheel later on down the road. And I'm gonna give him a call later. I think I should do a little work to the trans to hold the torque

#4 ·
No way you'll get that off a stock turbo...not nearly enough air

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#6 ·
That's what I was told. Around 450.

#7 ·
What's a WW?

#9 ·
Yeah I was talking to Matt about that. He said they keep the compressor wheels in stock all the time

#10 ·
ill tell you what. my numbers are in my sig....now Im not live tuned and these numbers arent maxed out, but thats with a 66 mm turbo(comapred to a 59 stock) and stage 2 160/80s....im not that far off from my live tuning numbers, but I dont see how even with a ww2 on a stock turbo that youd get 450..... dont get your hopes up with that setup.....
I have been told by muiltiple multiple tuners and people in the industry that my setup will get me 450 or around there....

on another note, if you get that with a stoc turbo, then I am gonna be mad!! i need to be pushing 500+ with my setup then

Reactions: iron butterfly
#11 ·
This is just what I was told. We will find out when I'm done what I'm actually putting out. I want to get dyno'do after it's all said and done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.