cali street queen to Idaho workhorse - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org Builds & Projects Post your builds & projects here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 07:05 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
cali street queen to Idaho workhorse

so originally bought my Baby with 48k on the clock 8in super lift super shiny wheels and some super weather cracked 38's.... and realized I needed a truck for work not to sit on the pavement thus my journey being new to diesels began...

this is how she looked they day i got her... I'll admit I miss the 38's and height alot actually but I did this for long term plans not coolness. I have already done 90% to the truck i wanted but you guys all were extremely helpful so wanted to share the transformation.

little did I know how deep I was in...
Attached Thumbnails
cali street queen to Idaho workhorse-resampled_2012-09-30_17-22-25_14.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 07:08 AM
Serving Our Country!

after about 3 months started puking a little coolant but realized the degass bottle was filled to the brim even after sitting during a 30 degree night i know its not that cold but chilled enough to get accurate measurement and well after a test done by Mark recommended to me by MKMcustoms i had a blown headgasket...

so: ARP, Egr delete, new oil cooler, pass glow plug harness, body mount and some serious cash later this:
however now i knew I had the start of a great and now reliable workhourse!
Attached Thumbnails
cali street queen to Idaho workhorse-head-studs-goodies.jpg  
Old 10-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Serving Our Country!

not long after the headstuds I heard and saw a silver f250 on base that drove by me at the gym and heard that amazing whistle! so google i went and then few weeks later in sac got it installed! HOLY CRAP WAS I MAD!!! I got the turbo and the whistle was pathetic... well then i cut my muffler off and it got little better but still pretty mad cut my cat off and found a hollowed one on CL and got a pipe put through so it looked mostly stock and now my roommates never forget the day i rolled into our quite little old folks filled neighborhood lol... this is pic of my old turbo i sold i didn't take any pics of the 03 before it went on.
Attached Thumbnails
cali street queen to Idaho workhorse-turbo-2.jpg  
Old 10-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Serving Our Country!

next I had to sell these seriously shiny wheels and the tires... had 14/32s tread but weather cracked to ewfwefw!!! so sold them for a good price and found some used 315/75r16 terra grappler at's with some crummy flaky wheels... but 1. wanted smaller lift, 2. great price and 3. oh man they looked goofy...

up next the coolant filter, edge insight and a used sct sf3, tool box, new alt, and whole interior/ seat change.

again this is all pretty old news but a recap and I would like to keep on building.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Serving Our Country!

after getting the edge insight ct and coolant filter I ran first 500 miles and filter was spotless at least looked that way to me. then i removed the chrome billet and metal grill which is still for sale lol... i installed the dark grey oem one because

1. trying to get rid of chrome, 2 liked it more.
Attached Thumbnails
cali street queen to Idaho workhorse-resampled_2013-08-01_16-41-54_297.jpg  
Old 10-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Serving Our Country!

then after about 4 months got the 8in superlift removed and installed a 4in rough country because i don't have a huge cash flow but the goofy looks driving me nutz!!!

word of advice if you wanna run 35's get a 6in lift.... i smashed a small piece of rear on front fender going over a curb... heres a before and after as well as the 140$ tool box gas to get it included allowed me to carry many more tools and some straps and such for road trips and if anyone ever got stranded etc...
Attached Thumbnails
cali street queen to Idaho workhorse-8in-lift-35s.jpg   cali street queen to Idaho workhorse-4in-lift.jpg  
Old 10-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Serving Our Country!

after doing some research got introduced to the high-idle mod and I feel it was one the easier and better mods...

allowed to reduce running time before driving off and the high idle rpms was better for engine then just letting it idle til about 130's ect/eot..
Old 10-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Serving Our Country!

now alot of people would say i probably should of kept the leather but...

1. I don't like leather in hot cali weather im from idaho

2. I wanted a center seat for front i do lots of camping and road trips and we tend to till the truck with people and gear since im the only 4 door truck that can also pull a trailer.

interior swap before pics and a little monterey ca when i went scuba diving

anyone else get better then 10-11.5 mpg towing just a hair under 5k trailer? it was really windy but i was expecting at least like 13?
Attached Thumbnails
cali street queen to Idaho workhorse-interior-swap.jpg   cali street queen to Idaho workhorse-sdc10710.jpg  
Old 10-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Serving Our Country!

I'am really really wanting to go candy apple red and black or white and black anyone ever do the rollar paint with rustoleum and prep??

read a good thread about a guy doing his 60's charger and he did 1,3,4,8 yr updates and paint looks great. I just don't got 6k for paint jobs right now.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Where in Idaho are u from? Good luck and good job n the progress.

God knows where...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.