I took ownership of this truck August 2013 from another board member here.
He's already done several modifications including Spartan tuning, S&B intake and exhaust.
It has a Ranch Hand bumper, 55 gal fuel tank in the bed as well as a Vivair 380c compressor and tank that runs train horns (and powers whatever else I need).
Here's the truck the day I brought it home:
My other money hole is a Jeep TJ that I've put more into in modifications than I originally paid for
Unfortunately, the Jeep will be going up for sale soon because I just have no need for two vehicles. ..
I've gotten so good at taking apart this Jeep I can fix pretty much anything with my eyes closed. I've done everything from a cylinder head replacement to fabricating my own suspension.
I drove from Texas to purchase the truck (with Colarado tags) in Louisiana, then registered it in Florida. That got some strange responses in the DMV when registering it. A week later I loaded up the Jeep and drove 1000 miles to Indiana where I'll be most of the year.
The plans for the truck as-is are pretty mild. A few TLC projects to take care of but I'm going to leave it unmolested for the most part.
I've been fighting with a parasitic battery draining issue the past week. Each morning it's flat dead. I believe I've finally found my issue to be a severely damaged passenger side battery that's leaking so much acid there's a current flow all around it.
The battery acid has done a number corrosion-wise in the battery box.
Here is what the retaining bolt should look like:
And here's how it looks on the passenger side:
Needless to say, that wasn't too fun to get out. I had to cut the whole plastic bracket out then remove the battery box and back out the bolt stub with two pairs of vice grips.
On the bright side Wally-world honored the warranty on the two batteries, one partially and one fully covered. I was out the door with 2 brand new batteries for $72. Tomorrow the new batteries go in just so I can drive down to the nearest DIY car wash. I need to get all the battery acid out of that side of the engine compartment before I reassemble everything.