Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Custom Built Ford F350!

14K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  RPM Tim 
#1 · (Edited)
Well my dad passed down his F350 Lariat Crew Cab Long Bed to me and I want to beast it out for off-roading.

Since I don't have a lot of money it will take me awhile to save up for everything but it's getting there lol.

I will be updating this thread with new parts and everything I get for it as I go no matter how slow it is.

Truck Specs: Crew Cab, Long bed, Lariat, 7.3L PSD chipped to 400HP, dual alternators, dual turbo, reinforced frame which is 30% stronger then stock frame.

PARTS BOUGHT CURRENTLY:
VMS Racing Smoked LED Cab Lights
Pro-Comp 2.5 Leveling kit with ES9000 shocks
Rough Country dual steering stabilizer
Tow Mirrors
Shock boots
Nitto Trail Grappler LT315/75/R16

PARTS I WILL BE GETTING:

Road Armor front and rear bumpers with winches/hooks (Won't be for a long time probably)
MBRP Turbo Back Exhaust
Rivet pocket Fenders (Next on the list)
TRex X-Metal Billet Grille (2nd on the list)
Train Horn
Various 7.3L/F350 decals and badges etc.

PICS:
Current Truck

Parts bought:

Edit: 12/12/13
I know it's been a while but I finally got some new parts in the mail which should be arriving within the next 2 weeks, being as I am on the poor kid budget and with other main important repairs on the truck lol. I will be updating the thread once everything gets installed, so keep a look out.

Edit: 12/17/13
Rough Country Dual Steering Stabilizer and a total of 6 shock boots got delivered. As well as 2 black diamond plate license plate frames. I will take some updated pics tomorrow.

On the tracking it says my new towing mirrors should arrive tomorrow and hopefully the same goes for my leveling kit.

Edit: 12/18/13

The towing mirrors came in the mail and they're the extendable, heated versions.

Edit: 12/20/13
My new 2.5 inch leveled leafs came in and my new Pro-Comp ES9000 shocks for the front and rear suspension.

Now that I have everything I ordered most likely over this coming week I'll be dropping the truck off to the shop to get everything installed. Then off to the tire shop to get my new threads! :D

Edit: 12/26/13

I installed my new towing mirrors and I'll get some pics up tomorrow as it's dark outside.

Edit: 1/27/14 I just got my truck back from the shop that was fitted with a new ignition switch, ProComp 2.5 leveling kit, ES9000 shocks all around and Rough Country Dual Steering stabilizer. Next thing on the list is LT315/75/R16 Nitto Trail Grapplers then to start working on the fenders.

See less See more
#6 ·
Hey guys just updated the list of parts I bought so hopefully I can get to installing things so enough! :D

#8 ·
Thanks man. I had a lot of things come up recently so progress is gonna be haulted for a bit. But hopefully soon I get back go upgrading being as the truck had some issues so had to replace somethings and that's were the current budget went.

#9 ·
I know it's been a while but I finally got some new parts in the mail which should be arriving within the next 2 weeks, being as I am on the poor kid budget and with other main important repairs on the truck lol. I will be updating the thread once everything gets installed, so keep a look out.

#11 ·
MBRP* and because I like the way it sounds as well as the performance it gives also I can get a turbo-back one for about $250.

#14 ·
I'll take some new updated pics once I install everything in the coming weeks. The turbo is kinda hard to take a pic of since it's in the back of the engine bay. An taking a pic of the frame/rear suspension should be a bit easier with the level kit and bigger tires on.

-------------

Yea my bad that was an old list and I did a lot of changing to it lol.

#16 ·
Not just the frame but also reinforced suspension in the rear. I didn't get it done my dad did when I was a little kid but he said the guy told him the truck was about 30% stronger then the day he brought it home and as long as the truck lives that it wouldn't need a new pair of springs forever pretty much. It's been 11 years and there has yet to be an issue with something it can't haul bumper wise or in the bed.

The turbo's are nothing special just stock turbo's from Ford.
This isn't my pic but the set up is similar to this.

#17 ·
Also today my Rough Country dual steering stabilizer came into the mail as long as all 6 shock boots. (2 for the stabilizer and 4 for the shocks on the suspension) Everything else should arrive sometime this week.

#21 ·
Hey if you don't believe me I don't really care that's all you. I know what my truck is capable of and that's all.

Here are the rear spring pics btw.

#23 ·
Give the damn kid a break this truck is like crack to him right now haha.. But that is not the stock turbo that for damn sure and for the love of god I hope u have a air filter on it cuz it dosnt look like it in the pic! Who knows mabie his dad got the truck without the over loads on it.. It is a lariat after all.. In the end I'd kill for that truck haha. Btw kid if anything I'd get a 4" lift and keep the 35's if u want bigger tires get more lift or cut out flares

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#24 ·
That wasn't my pic as I said above it lol. I found it on Google but I think it was originally from Black Widow Diesel which sells dual turbo kits. But yes I do have a air filter, not sure why I wouldn't lol.

I was originally thinking about a 4 inch lift but the rear is already lifted a bit (pics don't do justice, it's one of those things you need to see in person) plus I don't really have the funds to drop for a $1,000 kit. 35's are as big as I can go as I'm more of a tire person then a rim person and currently running 16" rims and Nitto only makes 35's as their biggest size on 16's. When I do eventually upgrade the rims I'm going with 16's anyway so I don't need to buy new tires plus I'm still using it as a tow/haul rig so I don't need to have it where I need a ladder to put something in the bed lol. So a 2.5 inch lift in the front plus the added height from the new tires as I'm going with M/T tires which have bigger thread depth compared to the A/T's currently on is enough for me. I heard that the only rub is at full lock of the tires anyway which doesn't bother me to much plus I prefer the stuff look a lot more anyway.

#27 ·
J.s the pic of the engine and turbo set it that he said isn't his is clearly a t4 style turbo set up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#37 ·
Truck Specs: Crew Cab, Long bed, Lariat, 7.3L PSD chipped to 400HP, dual alternators, dual turbo, reinforced frame which is 30% stronger then stock frame.

PICS:
Current Truck

TOTAL SLEEPER? So he was mislead, I'd be excited if I was given a truck too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.