Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2017 Mirrors on 99 and up truck

53K views 50 replies 20 participants last post by  Axis2011KR 
#1 ·
Want to see if anyone else has done the 2017 mirrors yet. Have an 06 king ranch I just installed 17 mirrors on.

#11 ·
Same here I liked my stock mirrors a lot, always told people I'd never go to the 08 mirror. I drive a ton of customer trucks with 08 mirrors, the 17s have a much better blind spot (convex) mirror. I'll go get a picture and work on uploading it. Overall I'm very happy with them

#12 ·
I am still running the stock ones on my 04 because I feel like the design matches the front end of my truck better than the 08+ ones. I know the 08+ ones have a better vortex mirror than the 99-07s, but I have never really been sold on doing the upgrade. I agree with @ZMANN, the 17s look like a "tweener" of the two styles. Like a I said before, I haven't been a fan of the new mirror design, but who knows, maybe it will grow on me.

Kudos to you for doing it, I personally haven't seen anyone else do it yet.

OP... when you get a chance, will you take some pics of them during the day and post them?

Reactions: BryceB and Cbrepair
#13 ·
I also have a 04 with stock mirrors on it. I'm a fan of the stock look, I never really liked the 08s. Just thought they looked goofy. Still not fully sold on the 17s either but I sure can see! And I like the lights on the 17 mirror. I'll get some pictures looking out the truck and better ones tomorrow morning. Thanks for the input!

#16 ·
I just installed the 08 upgrade mirrors after my awesome wife ordered them with the help of a another fella on here hahaha.

I will say this: They look gigantic out of the box like freaky big, but once they are installed they look much more proportionate. If they were even just 2-3 inches narrower it would be perfect in my opinion. But they really do increase the visibility and are 100% no mods if you order from 1aauto. They are made in Taiwan but the quality has stood the test for many, many users on here with zero issues. and 1aauto has good customer support too. my original mirrors were the permanently telescoped tow package ones from 1999 too so it was kind of a pita having them out like a dodge 24/7. my original mirrors are in the photo with a filter on, my wife took it ;)

Attachments

#20 ·
Looks good. Can we get a straight on shot from the front.

Reactions: WD40
#21 ·
Also where did you find the mirror?

Reactions: mistifier
#24 ·
Hey guys, been busy at work. Got some more shots of the 17 mirrors.. they have really grown on me, make lane changes with the trailer and in general a lot easier. Can keep the mirror back to switch the trailer and the blind spot to see what's beside me or coming up. Definitely recommend these things to anyone. Will try and get some pictures with the lights on soon

Attachments

#25 ·
Do they stick out further than the stock ones you had? If so, how much?

#27 ·
How much and were they plug and play?
Also are they all manual or power folding/telescoping?

I like the look!

Thanks!

#28 ·
Looks good! Do you have a link from where you got them?

I worked on the 2017 Super Duty program at Ford before it was released, so I've been wanting a set for my '01 for a few years now.

#29 ·
Don't have a link but the brand who makes them are syppo, They have a website. Just search syppo tow mirrors. I can see to China out of these things! Lol. They are great. As far as being farther out than stock mirrors, I'm sure the do a little bit nothing noticeable. Haven't really measured them up. Got them for $200 bucks.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.