Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

08-16 Dash swap in my E99 7.3

36K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  HD 
#1 ·
To start off I can't say the dash swap was #1 on my list, however after swapping to the newer door panels I figured I'd give the project a shot. I pulled a dash out of a 2015 XLT F250 to get the project rolling, basically piecing it together from about 4 different trucks to make something relatively close to what I wanted. I have a 6 speed truck so the lower cup holder wouldn't do me a lot of good. It took me most of a day to pull the dash, I felt kinda dumbfounded by it considering how much time it took but after doing it I don't regret the learning curve. Not too long after I pulled another dash, this time out of a 2008 XLT F250 that was near mint. I'm getting better at pulling dashes, the 08 only took an hour to pull. Why would I buy another dash? My main reason was the wiring. I already have green gauges and the green 08-10 window/door lock switches in my truck, I don't want to change that all to blue. I kinda like the green to be perfectly honest. Anyways, I'll continue on this a little later with my findings on the differences between the dashes.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The pictures really say it all. Having the 2008 and 2015 dash frames side by side brought light to the differences between the two as well as their similarities.

Attachments

#3 ·
After comparing the two dashes I put the 2015 dash plastics onto the 2008 frame with the 2008 ducting, this will work with the Mcnasty dash conversion kit. I also picked up a 2008 steering column although after finding that there is a near zero success rate on the actual column swap I'm not entirely certain how far that will get. The wiring pinouts are completely different comparing the 99 to the 08 so it's unclear if it's possible to directly swap the 08 multifunction switch into the 99 truck. It will take more work to dig deeper into the schematics and follow the circuits that have discrepancies on the multifunction switch pin out. More to come later!

Attachments

#5 ·
I'm currently in the middle of this swap as well. Only got column and cluster left to do. If there are any electricians around, I could really use some advice. I have schematics for both year trucks (2002 and 2008)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JesseKK
#6 ·
This should help you out a bit, I still need to do a little more research myself though.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.