Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Late 99 F-250 Auto to Manual swap.

865 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  gwood64756 
#1 ·
I recently did the swap from 4r100 to zf6. Everything seems to work great for the most part and everything went together alright. The only problem was that it would spit and sputter when put under a load when it thinks it needs to down shift even after I put a manual tune on the truck. So I went ahead and sent the PCM off to DP tuners. My only concern is if the truck will run correct after it comes back due to the fact that I had to use the Auto harness because the manual harness I was sent did not have the plugs on it for the t-case. My other question is, on my truck there are two transmission plugs on the fender well. A black and a gray one. In order to make the truck run I cut the two big wires on the grey plug to fool the truck. My question is once the PCM is back are the those wires still necessary or is there a wiring harness that uses both plugs for the manual transmission?

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.