Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2007 F250 diesel to gas swap

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Cougar House Garage 
#1 ·
So, I have a one owner 2007 F250 diesel 6.0. It's always been Ford dealer maintained with thousands of dollars in repair receipts, not to mention the $2500 I spent on it having 4 new injectors installed the day after I bought it. The truck has 200k miles and apparently has every conceivable repair . My question is, wouldnt it just be cheaper to install a rebuilt gas engine the next time it needs fixing? What do I need to swap a gas engine in, just the engine and computer? A friend has a wrecked 2007 f250 with a gas engine, couldn't I just swap the engine and computer, drain the fuel tank.....

#2 ·
I don't think it's that simple. The furl system may be completely different as far as fuel pumps are concerned. The wiring will be completely different that is it's not plug and play. It may be more work than tou think. Why not trade it in on a newer one and cut your losses. I know no one wants a payment but so far you are not money ahead and putting a gas motor in your truck may not be so cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.