Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

My F550 2000 to 2010 Conversion

6K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Heavy_GD 
#1 ·
Hers's my current 2000 Super Duty F550 project. I've owned many Super Duties and have always customized them to make them a one off truck. I will only own 7.3 trucks but love the '08 - '10 front end. Also love the Raptor look. So here's my answer to the problem. I really thinks it's going to look biticnen when I'm done. It will be riding on 22" Black American Force Independence Wheels with Toyo M/T Open Country rubber. I know there will probably be some haters but that's ok. The bumpers I want black texture so they will either be textured powder coat or Line X Premium. Any thoughts on which would be better would be appreciated. Pros and Cons of the two products? I'm open to comments on the project good and bad. Very curious to see what you guys think.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Subbed, and we just got this back the other day from getting the panels and bumper done with line x. Came out beautiful.

Attachments

#3 ·
Subbed. Nice to both. I am planning on getting my rear deck, rack, and tool boxes Line-Xed at some point. Nice to see that, Gman.

#8 ·
Here is a side shot. It is the line x premium I guess it's not supposed to fade.

Attachments

Reactions: badazzdually
#10 ·
1400$ for everything. Bed, rockers, and bumper.

#11 ·
I tend to lean towards the powder coating of it as that is what i do for a living and am not a huge fan of the black texture bumper, i would prefer a paint matched powder coated bumper myself. The Line-x is a good coating though as well as durable, just not a fan of the look myself.

#12 ·
We figured if it's something that's going to take rocks,bugs, and other road debris the "textured" would take a beating and still not show it as much. Also couldn't find anyone who wanted to powdercoat anything other than wheels around here.

#16 ·
Well I got my front suspension all in and buttoned up. 6" lift leafs, drop pitman arm, lowered track bar bracket, custom 3/16" plate steel axle cover and Lucas synthetic lube, Dual Dirt Logic 2.5 shocks and I built a custom dual steering stabilizer with Dual Dirt Logic 2.5 shocks.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.