Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

57 International Harvester

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Heavy_GD 
#1 ·
I bought this last October for my 24th birthday. Ever since I was little I've wanted to build my own rat rod or hot rod. So after searching eBay and Craigslist for a year or so I found the truck I wanted. I bought a 57 IH s100. So the cool thing about the truck is that they only built it for 1 year from 56-April of 57. After find out how rare it was I deside that it would be better not to cut it up.

So I have a thing for diesel trucks and after being a cummins guy for a while I wanted to put a 12v in it, but the only thing is that EVERYONE does a cummins swap. So now after a year later I found the motor I wanted to put in it. A 7.3 was to be my motor. So last month I bought a 02 Ford F-350 single wheel with 350k miles for $1500.

So the plan is/was taking the body off the ford and putting the 57 body on the f350 roller. So that's about where I am now. Just getting to rebuilding the turbo at the moment.

When I get home I'll up load the pictures, can't figure out how to load them on my phone

#3 ·
Me too.

#7 ·
Your up pipes are leaking also. Now is the time to fix them. I think it would look awesome lowered.

#12 ·
sorry its been alittle bit, got new up pipes, turbo pedestal, EBPV delete and 4" down pipe

when we were about to put the up pipes on we noticed water in the lower part of the pass side exhaust manifold. im pretty sure it go in there from when i was power washing/steam washing the oil off of the block and front end. the pass side manifold has a what looks like a exhaust temp sensor?

so anyways the manifolds looked bad anyways so i bought new ones along with a bunch of other things.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.