Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

99.5 exterior/interior conversion to 2014/15

2K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  7.3runinhrd 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys long time reader and just now starting to post up my build so I can help out other people who are thinking about doing what I have done. First a background on my truck.

I bought this truck 5 years ago for the only purpose of hauling my boat. Its a 99.5 7.3 extcsb 4x4. It was in great shape with only 142k or so I thought. to make it short with in the 1st 6 months of having her I've gone through 2 trans, 2 rear ends, 2 turbos, 8 injectors, 2 fuel pumps, 2 transfer cases, 4 drivelines and a pcm/ecu. sadly none was my fault. Come to find out the previous owner was a 17 year old kid who took every single cheap short cut you could think of.(including cutting pcm/ecu wires and just twisting in the add ons and putting electrical tape on them with a ton more)(if you have questions on why any of the above went bad pm me and ill explain how bad he treated the truck). So lets fast forward 4 years.

Last year I made the move back home to NC where my family is. I sold my boat and my house packed up the truck and the fiancée car and made the wonderful 34 hour drive from Utah to NC. Drive went perfect except for a bad cps sensor in Kansas. I decided to start the build of what ppl around my town now call big red.

It started off with simple swaps and got more complicated. here is my list so far...

-6637 air filter
-AIH delete
-10k mod
-ABS black grille
-99 black projector headlights with HID 6K low(all other lights are led)
-LINE-X front bumper
-2015 heated tow mirrors with smoked LED turn lamps
-Interior led light swap
-4 gauges a pillar
-blacked out interior(work in progress)
-locking diesel fuel door cover
-led 3rd brake light
-led smoked black tail lights
-2015 black rear bumper with 2x flush mount led reverse lights
-4" turbo back to 7" stack
-stage 3 trans(all billet with triple disc conv)
-rebult transfercase
-stage 1 injectors that I think are going bad already
-rebuilt rear end and front end
-Unsure on lift kit(would love help on figuring it out from you guys)
-Custom built to length driveshaft
-NEW NEW NEW!!!!!! 2015 door panel swap(PITA)

Im sure I'm missing some other things that Ill think of in the morning. also that is when ill post up the pictures I have plus ill take some recent ones.

So lets fast forward to tonight.

Well Yesterday I got married to my beautiful wife and it was perfect. well on our way home I came across a guy selling an damaged set of 2015 front door panels of an ext cab(perfect). so I bought them both plus what I thought was the full harness for $75. got the panels on and wow I love it. Now wiring...

Normally I'm good here but the 7 wire to 4 wire is confusing me. I =ve looked for other people who have done this but the people who have started this project have either abandoned it or just retried there old witches in some how. Now Ive got the wiring diagrams for both of the trucks door harness but still can't figure out how to marry the two together. Ive got the switches illuminated(easy i know) but thats as far as I have gotten. any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the long post but I tried to answer any questions you guys may have before you had to ask.

future plans

-stage 2 single shots
-38r turbo
-bellowed ups
-6" lift with 37
-2015 bed(can be done the guy i bought the doors from had it on his)
-2015(door shells)
-2015 seats
-2015 dash with custom bezel made for stock cluster since it can't be converted

See less See more
#2 ·
We need pics cmon man. What part of NC you in? Check out the CPA section also for NC peeps.

#3 ·
pics

#4 ·
first three are when I first bought it. the 4th is mine and my cousins trucks at my wedding. next will be all the photos of the progress

#5 ·
pics 2

#6 ·
DOORS

I will start a build thread on this for everyone out there looking to do this conversion. Hopefully I do a good enough job to make it a sticky. I will go from start to finish.

#7 ·
I live in Lewisville NC

#8 ·
I like that front bumper line x job. Was that professionally done or a diy deal?

#9 ·
It was professionally done. i think i only paid 100 for it. that bumper sat in my living room for 3 months until they could get me in. the last bumper met 3 deer

#10 ·
Well fried both switches. but at least i figured out how to make them lock before i fried them(burnt them out trying to unlock.) windows is gonna take me awhile just because i don't have the 6pin harness for them so I'm going to have to make my own.

#11 ·
So Ive been talking to a buddy of mine who is and electrican and by the sounds and ease of it I'm looking into just retrofitting my oe switch body into the new switch rocker. that way i can keep the original wiring but still have the look of the new switches. I just ordered the bezel for the mirror switch and the mirror switch its self. They should be here in about a week.

#12 ·
Heres an update sadly. So I did away with retro fitting. I want this done right. Well right has cost me $200 in switches so far(Wife not happy). at $50(roughly) these are adding up quick. But Ive got this done so far. Mirrors work perfectly. I can unlock my doors and lock drivers side. Passengers side still cooks when I try. Windows will roll up but now down(cook when roll down). But if you read my other post Im now down a turbo and doing some R&R while she's down so It gives me plenty of time to continue with this conversion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.