Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Mike Ford 2004 Ford F350 Build

2K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  Mikeyford3 
#1 · (Edited)
The name is Mike Ford. Im 24 and I bought a 2004 ford f350 6.0 about 2 years ago now and wanted to start my build. I bought it with 30k on it and apr head studs just done. Now it has 111000 miles and I recently started to do upgrades and mods to it since i have a lot more time on my hands now. I look forward to customizing this truck once and for all and making it my own.

This is how it sat when i bought it.

This is now with the current mods i have done. Leveling kit helo 20 inch rims 35x12.50. Egr Delete. 4 Inch mbrp turbo back Straight Pipe, Smoked mirrior marker lights

I really want to do a lot more to the truck. Any other mods you guys think would be cool let me know. I plan to put apr head studs in, blue spring upgrade, guages, Tint it, smoked head and tail lights.Put led light strips in the bed with switch and under the door so they come on when i open the door, Navigation Head Unit, 05 and up grill and front end, Rock Sliders or tube nerf bars. I also plan to customize the interior with max 4 camo Like i did on my ranger when i was younger.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good.

#3 ·
thanks man im gonna attempt to tint my windows lol if it doesnt work ill bite the bullet and pay for it.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Tintedy windows 20% to match the factory rear windows turned out pretty damn good.

#6 ·
Looks real nice. Did you do the tint your self

#7 ·
Yeah watched a YouTube video bought two 20%. Tint from a local shop and took my time and it worked out great

#8 · (Edited)
Also want to do a coolant filter kit on it, 05-07 dash swap, Rear window slider, 08mirror swap, and Harley Davidson 05-07 lights with the 05-07 front end swap. Overhead console Lol just have to save the money for all of this I prob should do the apr head studs first even thought im Not having any problems Even towing my camper four times a year. Everything is still grade A maybe I got a good 6.0.This is more a wish list then anything lol. Wish I still Lived at home and didn't buy a house is be good ! Lol even had to sell my 71 bronco I restored sad day but hey part of growing up. ��

#9 · (Edited)
Today i blacked out the emblems with black plasti dip. I am up in the air about painting the f350 and the powerstroke letters orange before I clear coat it. Any input? I also am putting orange leds in my bed rails that will my Coe scheme gray and orange I figured if I paint over the plasti dip I'll be able to take it off.

#10 ·

took the dogs out swimming the other day. when i got home the leds arrived on the front step for the bed rails! installing them this week. Ordering a boost guage and fuel guage this week cant wait to get them in!

#12 · (Edited)
Pretty simple just time consuming since I don't do it for a living lol I just you tube it! Cleaned the windows a hundred times fit the tint on the outside . Then when I installed it on the inside took the rubber strip on the top of door where window goes down in to your door out of the door. It gives you way more room to work once you put the window up and finish the bottom. Another tip is to always makeyour last movement with the window is up. If it's down your tint could be off because of shifting of the actual window as it goes down. I already had a heat gun I used for hockey sticks and shrink wrap for electrical lol you can get them at lowes or even harbor freight If this is the only project your gonna use them for I also ordered a tool kit with all the squeegees and sprayer off amazon for like 10 bucks and got the tint from a buddy who owns a shop lol. It was actually kind of a bet between us because I jokingly said I wasn't paying him to do(which I would of) but he bet me some beer I couldn't do it good.(which he paid me with a case of miller!) lol
This is the video I went by

#13 ·
Found this today and really made me upset! I looked the high and low on the rest of the truck and thank god this is the only cancer I have. Will be fixing next month going to have a local shop do it. Called a bunch of used auto dealers and there isn't a door on the east coast in a junk yard that doesn't have rust on the driver side. Guess it was a common thing for only the driver side rear door rusting.wtf lol just getting my truck to how I would like it to look and something bad happens ! Just my luck

#14 ·
I know how you feel. I'm cutting the last bit of rust out around my rear fender today.

#15 ·
I can't stnd it lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.