Muddy Jeep = Trouble - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke Off Roading Pics, stories, vehicle recovery

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Muddy Jeep = Trouble

To start of this thread I will tell my story, but I wanted to hear other stories from those of you on here that have found yourselves in similar situations.

First off I am in the military and because of this I use government/military parking lots. A couple weekends ago I went mudding right after all that rain came through in South Carolina. Well because I'm a bum I left my jeep covered in mud and had to bring it to work later that day. Well I get off at around 0400 and I walk out to the parking lot to find a sheriff and two of the master-at-arms (base police) standing next to my jeep waiting for me. I just walked over unlocked my jeep and started to get in like they werent even there. (This didn't sit very well with one of them) He starts yelling at me to get out of my vehicle and move over to the curb. They then tell me about these problems they've been having with people "proliferating" (i think that was the word he used) on base. So they take me in HANDCUFFS to the base police station in the back of the car. They wouldn't say another word to me until we got to the station. When we get there they gave me this big long shpeel about how they've had reports of people tearing up the trails back in the woods. I just kept my mouth shut. They searched me and my jeep (I dont know what the hell would indict me but they looked and I wasnt gonna stop them. what do I have to lose)
Anyway to sum everything up I was detained three hours and they ended up fining me $150 for making a mess of the parking lot with all the mud that fell of my jeep.
But that was my awesome run in with the law for just having a muddy vehicle. Does anybody have any fun stories of times they've had problems for just having a muddy vehicle without doing anything wrong at the time.

Don't tell anyone but I was the one mudding on the trails earlier that day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2009, 06:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Lol that happened to me in Connecticut. A cop pulled me over the other day to warn me about new laws in CT that you cant have alot of mud on your vehicle. The cop was really nice to me about it because it loved my truck and he loved to see it caked in mud ( the whole truck was usually caked in mud you couldnt really tell what color it was ) and he just wanted to give me a heads up so I didnt get a ticket down the road.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to 1tonpower
where they talking about the "tank trails"? on the base. they prbly got tore up by the weekend activities the army does. when ever i would take something for a test drive i would head straight to the trails. after all. how often do you get to beat on a hummer or anything else.

they were just looking for a reason.

a few years ago i talked my buddy into parking on a huge snow mound at the mall. we were parked the top where it was flat. we come out of the mall to find the rent-a-cops there along with a two town cops. they get us some **** about it and my buddy ended up with a 75 dollor ticket for "impeding snow removal" mind you that this was the only snow pile around for miles. like the ones you would find in a parking lot at the end winter. bottom line is. cops can do what they want when they want. and if there isnt anything in the books they can right you up for, they just check the "other" box and right you a ticket.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Serving Our Country!

That would make a sweet pic. Big Ford on top of a massive snowpile with cops all around.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:58 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Well when I was active duty. I was on duty for the night. I got a call from the MP's. Needless to say one of them in a Chevy S-10 got stuck on a tank trail. They called me because I had a Hummvee with a winch. So I went out there and pulled the dumb MP out of the sand he was stuck in. Got him back to the road with the Hummvee. Needless to say I never had a problem with the MP's after that incident.

I would not post that you were actually on the trails.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

in centralia mo it is illegal to have mud on a vehicle unless you can prove its from farm use
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.