To Smoke Or Not To Smoke? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke Forum Polls Vote here!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Where Do You Stand On Rollin' Coal?
I'm into clean tuning/dislike dirty tunes. 74 16.16%
I like dirty tunes, but am responsible where I use them. 258 56.33%
I like dirty tunes & I don't care. 81 17.69%
My rig's not modified with either clean or dirty technology. 45 9.83%
Voters: 458. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 05:27 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
To Smoke Or Not To Smoke?

I've been reading from quite a few diesel mags & other sources that the ban on 'dirty diesels' is on it's way sooner or later. California's CARB has already informed diesel performance manufacturers/distributors that there's gonna be trouble for those who ship performance products like chips, tuners, programmers, etc., that make a diesel smoke to Cali will be in a heap o' trouble with fines & other legal issues & this will eventually affect a few other states(which I think it already has!), & then the whole country. Me? Being an owner of a 7.3 where added fuel delivery is one of the ingredients for optimal performance, I'm a stonecold advocate for the chimney republic. However, I can definitely see the reprocussions of rolling coal @ the wrong place @ the wrong time or just doing it too much. For one; who's ever been chimneyed on by a diesel truck(I can vouch for this!) knows it's like getting sprayed by a 7800lb skunk. You'll stink like burnt diesel exhaust fumes & the only cure is to throw your clothes in the washer(or burn them) & hose yourself off. But even worse than this is the hazardous biproducts produced by chimney. I don't mean to go sounding like a tree-hugger now, but sometimes there are times you either wanna get on the fuel & burn some rubber through a residential street or main road covering it in coal dust, or occasionally spray the import on the side of you @ a red light who thinks a fart can & a couple of gREDDY stickers gives their CRXs unlimited HP, but what about the innocent bi-standers? Children being the most important out of the bunch. The other day I left a 3-way intersection sideways in Street & accidently sprayed some kids playing in a yard I didn't notice until it was too late. From that day to today I felt like a complete azz about covering those kids & vowed to only screw around on the non-residential big main roads, off-road, & highway. I've got a 3yr old son & I'd kill a person that would smoke him out. Just to see the statistics, I've started this poll to see where most of the forum members stand with rollin' coal. I will have no opinion on whichever answer you chose. Let's hear some feedback too, on why you made your choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Banned

No poll????????
Old 04-11-2009, 05:31 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03-blue-Powerstroke View Post
No poll????????
It's there now.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm all about the coal but think that there is a time and a place!
Old 04-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Banned

I think smoke is neat sometimes but it gives people something to complain about diesel trucks and emissions.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:36 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03-blue-Powerstroke View Post
I think smoke is neat sometimes but it gives people something to complain about diesel trucks and emissions.
That's another good point. You're usually frowned upon & sometimes given the finger by people who see you smoke. Once I even took off from a red light in Street & had a guy try to throw a rock @ me!
Old 04-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to harrys91rs
Def is a time and place thing for me
Old 04-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
i just want the most power tune, and to have my truck running the best it can. and thats useally with the least amount of smoke i can get.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
I like smoke as well as the rest of you all. The great thing about the tunes I run is that it cleans up quick. I can show you my displeasure without being an azzhat about it.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Agreed. I love smokey tunes, but there is a time and place for those tunes. Here in CA I think we need to be cautious about when and where we let the coal fly. CA already has the most stringent emissions laws and I see no reason to give the tree huggers any ground to stand on when it comes to bashing our diesels rides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.