How many here push their 7.3 beyond 3500 RPM? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke Forum Polls Vote here!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: To what RPM can you push your 7.3?
3500 29 58.00%
4000 13 26.00%
4500 2 4.00%
Other: explain. 6 12.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Cynic
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 11,179
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question How many here push their 7.3 beyond 3500 RPM?

There have been a few performance threads that actually had technical talk. I haven't been around for awhile, and I want to get a feel for what may have changed while I've been gone.

So, who here has a 7.3 that they can push over 3500 RPM? 4000? 4500?

I made a comment in another thread that the .org is the pre-school/kindergarten of performance on the internet and I've received some rather unhappy emails about it. I stand behind my comment and I *REALLY* want to be proved wrong. I only know of about 5-10 trucks on here that I wouldn't mess with. The comment wasn't disrespectful. It was just truth. People come here to fix there work trucks.

Personally, I have videos out there showing that my truck still pulls hard above 4k and there are enough witnesses that have seen what I have. So to weed out the boys from the girls.. post up some proof. Anyone over 500hp? 550? 600???


So here is your chance. Prove me wrong and make me proud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 03-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Raging Lunatic

 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Posts: 8,804
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
There have been a few performance threads that actually had technical talk. I haven't been around for awhile, and I want to get a feel for what may have changed while I've been gone.

So, who here has a 7.3 that they can push over 3500 RPM? 4000? 4500?

I made a comment in another thread that the .org is the pre-school/kindergarten of performance on the internet and I've received some rather unhappy emails about it. I stand behind my comment and I *REALLY* want to be proved wrong. I only know of about 5-10 trucks on here that I wouldn't mess with. The comment wasn't disrespectful. It was just truth. People come here to fix there work trucks.

Personally, I have videos out there showing that my truck still pulls hard above 4k and there are enough witnesses that have seen what I have. So to weed out the boys from the girls.. post up some proof. Anyone over 500hp? 550? 600???


So here is your chance. Prove me wrong and make me proud.
We did that earlier today...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 03-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 13,271
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I dont have a 7.3 but I agree on your comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 03-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Cynic
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 11,179
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw View Post
We did that earlier today...........
Meh. I wasn't happy all day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 03-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Raging Lunatic

 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Posts: 8,804
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose350 View Post
I dont have a 7.3 but I agree on your comment.
Do you EVEN have a truck, Grayson?????????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 03-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 13,271
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw View Post
Do you EVEN have a truck, Grayson?????????????
Yes, it is white, got a chip, intake and exhaust. Probably got 5-600 hp easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 03-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Raging Lunatic

 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Posts: 8,804
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose350 View Post
Yes, it is white, got a chip, intake and exhaust. Probably got 5-600 hp easy.
Oh okay, just like mine...only mine's black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 03-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 13,271
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
40 minutes and one vote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 03-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Runnin'wita2cylhandycap
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wes Taycksus Ya'll
Posts: 1,227
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose350 View Post
40 minutes and one vote
The "other" count should go up,..I know there's been at least a few that have stuck it in the wrong gear while downshifting, right?

Damn! 4000+ rpm's,....didja see that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 03-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Savannah,Ga
Posts: 2,800
Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
When my 4wd was broke I got stuck and mad so I stomped it and it shut the truck off...So I would imagine the RPMs were getting up there but that is one of those "There was this one time when" kinda things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors