TIRES - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke Forum Polls Vote here!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Which Tires
Nitto Terra Grapplers 46 40.00%
Nitto Dura Grapplers 10 8.70%
None of the above (please share) 59 51.30%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 01:32 PM
I need money...

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
TIRES

Time for tires everyone! I am stuck between a few. Looking at the Nitto Terra and Dura Grapplers. 305/70R16 E. Dont tow very much but the wife and I are buying a destination camper weighing about 10,500lbs. Not gonna be moving it very often maybe once a year. I also pull a cargo trailer weighing about 4,000lbs. Towed maybe a few times every few months. I had some pro comp extreme all terrains and dont need anything that aggresive but I also want a load range E tire. The only off road my truck touches is the sand to go on the beach for fishing, and maybe the snow during winter. So what do you all think? Pro, Cons of each of the above tires. What do you recommend or have to say about these tires? Or do you recommend something else? Please share what you got!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2010, 01:40 PM
powerstrokin

Send a message via AIM to drz400smoto
I have not personally ran any of those, but my friend is running the terra grapplers on his d-max and loves them. Said they are great in the snow and he pulls a small toy hauler often for motocross.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Premium Member

three letter for you BFG, nuff said,
Old 01-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Terra Grapplers

I'm on my second set of Terra Grapplers. The first set gave me 34k and they are a good bit less expensive than BFG All Terrains, which is what I have always used before. They work well for me. I don't know about the E load rating though.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Premium Member

I have 53K on my BFG all terrain KO's. rotate them every 5K, keep them at 75lbs. have hauled 30 loads of hay in the three years the've been on the truck (12K a load) lots of trips to the deer lease with my atv in the bed. hauling round bales in the bed and burnouts when I have looney loaded.

I could have bought Nitto's for $200 less but no one was getting better than 35-40K miles out of them. Like I said, I have 53K on them now and can probably get another 10 with whats left. If buying the Nitto's I would be near my second set,
Old 01-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm the only vote for the Dura's but I LOVE my tires. They have seen all weather conditions, pulled a few trailers and I can't say enough good things about them

Oh yeah, they have a 50k warranty too IIRC. Talk to Mat with Discount tire direct (they are a sponsor here), he'll tell you more about them

Here's some pics

Old 01-26-2010, 02:03 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to no-tel-in
Kumho KL78! 8k so far and love em
Old 01-27-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXbroker View Post
I have 53K on my BFG all terrain KO's. rotate them every 5K, keep them at 75lbs. have hauled 30 loads of hay in the three years the've been on the truck (12K a load) lots of trips to the deer lease with my atv in the bed. hauling round bales in the bed and burnouts when I have looney loaded.

I could have bought Nitto's for $200 less but no one was getting better than 35-40K miles out of them. Like I said, I have 53K on them now and can probably get another 10 with whats left. If buying the Nitto's I would be near my second set,
I appreciate your post. I have always got high mileage from BFG's and have always ran them on all my trucks. My wife's Expedition had a set on for 60k before we replaced them. This is my first deasel F250, so I didn't know what to expect for tread life. I was told that nobody gets more than about 30k on any tire on these trucks, so I was thrilled that I got 34k on my Nitto's. When I bought my first set, I couldn't afford the BFG's which is what I wanted, and the tire guy ( a friend of mine ) said he was running Nitto's on his truck and most guys were very happy with them. I may go back to BFG's the next time, just to see.
Still though, if you think about it, an extra 15k-16k and $200 more money. I'd say mile for mile it's probably a toss up.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:14 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBHT View Post
I appreciate your post. I have always got high mileage from BFG's and have always ran them on all my trucks. My wife's Expedition had a set on for 60k before we replaced them. This is my first deasel F250, so I didn't know what to expect for tread life. I was told that nobody gets more than about 30k on any tire on these trucks, so I was thrilled that I got 34k on my Nitto's. When I bought my first set, I couldn't afford the BFG's which is what I wanted, and the tire guy ( a friend of mine ) said he was running Nitto's on his truck and most guys were very happy with them. I may go back to BFG's the next time, just to see.
Still though, if you think about it, an extra 15k-16k and $200 more money. I'd say mile for mile it's probably a toss up.
No problem, however I am at 52K now and should get to 62K, thats almost 30K additional miles for $200.00. I struggled with the same decesion.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:39 AM
I need money...

Thanks for the help guys, keep it coming!!!

People with the Terra's, any wear issues? Uneven or odd wear?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.