Shovel Or No Shovel? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke Forum Polls Vote here!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Should I Shovel!?
NO!!! Go play in the snow!!! 31 79.49%
YES!!! My wife made me shovel, so should you!!! 8 20.51%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 09:21 AM
The Screwy HEUI

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Shovel Or No Shovel?

I've got a thread going in General Diesel Discussion about who's got snow. Right now in Rhode Island, we're getting pummeled with snow & I absolutely love it! Lately, the law's been closing down trails & monitoring closed roads for people who want to have some fun with their pickups, so the only places I can have some fun in 4x4 are the main roads where there are little to no residents/traffic & a few trails that the police, I guess, don't know about.

So I wake up this morning & the snow is well over my picket fence & both trucks & the Mustang is completely buried(). I threw the Tank on the rope & my wife went out to shovel. I figured let the block heater warm up for a little while, start the Tank, let it warm up, brush the snow off it, & then throw the rope on Heavy........& then have some fun! It went as planned, as soon as the Tank was warmed up, I had the snow cleaned off & I was going sideways up every side street on my block & having some fun with a couple of local kids on 4-wheelers & snow mobiles. I guess I wasn't paying attention to the time, but when I went back to the house to pick my wife up, she was still shoveling the driveway & I found out I'd been riding around for more than 2hrs. She goes off about getting the driveway shoveled & me screwing around with the truck & "we'll never get out of the driveway; blah-blah-blah......". Never get out of the driveway? We got 2 diesel-powered 4x4s, what's wrong with you!?

Basically; I'm the king of the castle & I think it's more fun getting out of a driveway full of snow rather than breaking my back & shoveling snow. I know this sounds unconventional, but I've gotta go to work @ 2:00am tomorrow & I want a thrill before I'm on lockdown for 8+hrs. I vote for "not shoveling the driveway" while my wife is against it. I'm pretty sure I read in the Bible that on the 7th day, God saw all of his creations were good & made Sunday the day of rest & to tear up the roads in the snow with your diesel pickup & have much fun & aggravate neighbors,..................& not shovel the damn driveway!

So for all of you guys who "wear the pants" in your household, have snow on the ground(especially in your driveway), & believe the same as I do, VOTE! I actually know what the correct answer is as far as the shoveling goes, but I want to show my wife there are hundreds of people in the US having fun slinging snow with their tires in their driveways instead of with a shovel! I'm basically saying to her now; "But all the other guys are doing it!"

Last edited by RadarRider; 12-20-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Screw shoveling. I always drive my truck up and down the driveway a few times and call it good enough
Old 12-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Other vehicle is an F250

Does she know you posted this? I'd say she must wear the pants sometimes if you even bothered to post this!

Sorry, couldn't help it. We don't get much snow here in SC. Asheville, NC, 30 minutes to the north got 12" out of this storm. We got 1/8" of sleet. When my steep driveway does get iced over, I run a garden hose from the laundry sink and empty the 58 gallon water heater a couple of times and it is all gone! So.......I guess this counts as "shovel".
Old 12-20-2009, 09:31 AM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Does she know you posted this? I'd say she must wear the pants sometimes if you even bothered to post this!

Sorry, couldn't help it. We don't get much snow here in SC. Asheville, NC, 30 minutes to the north got 12" out of this storm. We got 1/8" of sleet. When my steep driveway does get iced over, I run a garden hose from the laundry sink and empty the 58 gallon water heater a couple of times and it is all gone! So.......I guess this counts as "shovel".
Ah, no problems, Hank, only because it's you! This is actually an on-going battle between my wife & I about what the point is in shoveling when we've got 2 trucks perfectly capable of getting out of the driveway no matter how high the snow gets & the Mustang is always shoved against the garage & doesn't go anywhere until we know for a fact we can move it again.

P.s.- I wouldn't necessarily count the water melt a "snow shovel" unless it's killing your back & gives you a headache from your wife spouting like a leaky water faucet!
Old 12-20-2009, 09:37 AM
Premium Member

FORGET SHOVELING, GO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!
Thats what Im doing any way, with what little snow we got.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

It's easier if there are no cars in the driveway and you should always and I mean always bring your diesel engine up to operating temp.
Never start it then shut it down. What fun is that.

And I wear the pants

when the wife lets me.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:48 AM

u need a shovel like mine, 1974 electra-glide harly, that way when she tells u to get the shovel out u can go for a ride, thats what i do. it's a shovelhead if u did'nt already know.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:35 PM

Snow blower. Winter lasts 6 months around here. If I didnt clean that snow of I would have 12 inches of ice that would be stuck on the driveway to July. Besides what fun is driving in the driveway. Reward youself for you hard work and go play in some real snow.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Once winter comes along, more than likely you are going to have to start thinking about snow removal once again. Most people are not too fond of having to shovel their driveways and sidewalks, and snow blowers can definitely come in handy during the winter season. Having a nice snow blower can save you a lot of hard work, and they also make it easier and faster to get the drive and sidewalks all nice and clean whenever it snows during the winter. If you are considering a snow blower for the winter season, there are a variety of different brands that you can go with, and the following are just a few that you may want to give some consideration.

Car Parts Warehouse Products
chicago prom limousine
Old 02-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Serving Our Country!

I go shovel my parking spots and some extra stuff around the aprtments just to get away from the queen. I am just a pawn for now. She tells me when I make more money and pay all the bills, the I can be king, until then, just stay at home and listen to her.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.