Car Wash Etiquette - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke Forum Polls Vote here!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: What do you do when you go to a car wash
Do you clean up your mess before you leave? 49 62.03%
Do you leave the mud for someone else to deal with? 10 12.66%
Just dont care either way? 20 25.32%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Car Wash Etiquette

Alright fellas I gota rant this morning.... SO I go to the car wash last night to wash my truck and when I get there both bays of the car wash are absolutely COVERED in mud, I mean literally 3 inches of mud covering the entire bay, all over the walls, and all over everything. Well my buddy owns the car wash so I do what I can to help him out. I spend over an hour cleaning these bays out, just so I can get in there and wash my truck and other people can come in and actually wash their vehicles as well without having to drive thru mud.

Now my rant.... if you are going to use a public car wash and your truck is covered in mud have the decency and respect to clean up your mess. I know someone is going to chime in and say well thats what we pay to use these for its not our problem, well guess what, it is. You like to use the luxury of these car washes and if people continue and continue to trash them like they do many car wash owners are talking about completely doing away with the self serve bays. They have to deal with this problem so often that its beginning to not even be worth the hassle. I wish I would have taken a pic last nite so you guys could have seen how filthy this bay was, but I was so pissed about the hole situation I didnt think and just started cleaning.

Some facts about the car wash first:
By far nicest car wash in evansville
car wash is equipped with a machine that allows you to pay with a debit card no need for quarters. although quarters are still accepted and its a $1.50 to begin the wash 4minutes and 50 secs and then for every quarter you insert its an additional FULL MINUTE
the way the debit card machine is set up is to use it its a minimal of $3 reguardless if you use the bay for 1 minute or 9 minutes and then after that the .25 per minute applies and will allow you to spend a max of $10 and then you would just have to re swipe your card if you want additional time and there is a stop button you must hit when you are finished and it shows you how much money you spend and then you would just have to re swipe your card
my buddy works his butt off to keep this place nice, always updating, always making sure everything is in good working order, never tries to cut corners on the amount of soap etc etc,

So I want to hear from people who agree with me and are sick and tired of these people trashing the bays and having no respect for another man's business and property.

I also wana hear from you that think its ok to do this.... dont be scared you know who you are...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Banned

The car washes around here are usually ok but I have seen them really muddy before. I agree with you though I would never go into a car wash covered in mud and wash it off. If I did I would clean it up though. There are even signs around here that say no muddy vehicles. I usually just hand wash my truck but I use the car washes in the winter.

IMHO you are supposed to leave it like you found it. No way its okay to trash it and leave.
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I hose my mud off into the drain.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That's Nothing My Favorite Car wash takes Debit cards also saw a f250 full of Straw he hosed it out till the straw and manure were so deep that it got inconvenient to wash out any more so he pulled out and washed the remainder out in the adjacent stall,,what happened to Using a pitch fork & broom to empty it at his own place?
Old 07-23-2009, 10:19 AM
It'll buff out!

Send a message via Yahoo to TuRBoWHiNe
I'm the one guy that voted for going muddy, but i didn't read the post before. I thought we were talking about one of those automatic car washes like at the gas stations. Those do a pretty good job of cleaning up after themselves.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I have been mudding a couple times where the truck gets super muddy. I always bring a broom to try and clean up after. If its just a little mud here and there, I clean it up if I have time remaining. To leave it a little dirty is to be expected, it IS a car wash. But to leave it at the point where someone else would be inconvienced by your mess or not even be able to use it isnt right.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:23 AM

well my buddy and I both thank all of you guys!!! because its really annoying to try and pull in there to clean my truck and I have to spend 20 minutes cleaning the bay just so I can clean my truck... and honestly its running some of my buddies business off because people in cars don't want to have to deal with that
Old 07-23-2009, 10:31 AM

Im with u on that. There is nothin that pisses me off more than having to walk around in mud while cleaning my truck then tracking it back into my clean truck, or better yet spraying the accidentely spraying the ground and having it splash mud up on yur clean truck.
Clean up after yourself!! Your mom isnt here to do it for you!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Cynic

I use the drive-thru carwash places. 3 bucks, I'm out. Other than that, I'll wash it myself. As far as mud and whatnot... well, it *IS* a place to WASH. So as long as someone didn't change their oil there or leave piles of trash, I take the mud with a grain of salt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.