Don't Call Me "Liz" - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 10:45 AM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Don't Call Me "Liz"

Craig and I were talking about this the other day. I would like to see us all send her an e-mail reffering to her as "Liz" and reminding "Liz" she is a "public servant" and to get off her high horse.

No name-calling

If you want to score a meeting with Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wash.), know this: His scheduler/office manager, Elizabeth Becton, is to be addressed by her full name — not Liz or any other variant.

An executive assistant at McBee Strategic recently learned this the hard way. A few weeks ago, the assistant e-mailed Becton seeking a meeting with McDermott and a client, JPMorgan Chase. Days later, the assistant checked back in and unfortunately began the e-mail with “Hi Liz.”

Becton curtly replied, “Who is Liz?”

When the assistant wrote back with an apology, Becton turned up the heat. “I do not go by Liz. Where did you get your information?” she asked.

The back-and-forth went on for 19 e-mails, with the assistant apologizing six times if she had “offended” Becton, while Becton lectured about name-calling.

Becton told the assistant that if someone said using “Liz” was acceptable, then “they are not your friend”, and “If I wanted you to call me by any other name, I would have offered that to you.” Plus, it’s “rude when people don’t even ask permission and take all sorts of liberties with your name,” she said, adding: “Please do not ever call me by a nickname again.”

But the tirade didn’t end there. Becton continued her riff — responding that the assistant “got played” by someone who was trying to “tick” Becton off. Becton’s final, searing missive stated: “In the future, you should be VERY careful about such things. People like to brag about their connections in D.C. It’s a pastime for some. It’s also dangerous to eavesdrop, as you have just found out. Quit apologizing and never call me anything but Elizabeth again. Also, make sure you correct anyone who attempts to call me by any other name but Elizabeth. Are we clear on this? Like I said, it’s a hot button for me. And please don’t call the office and not leave a message. My colleague told me you called while I was away. ... I do sometimes leave my desk.”

McDermott spokesman Mike DeCesare told us Tuesday, “An apology is being issued as we speak,” adding, “This isn’t reflective of the way we do business in this office.”

elizabeth.becton@mail.house.gov
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
So how is "Liz" these days??
Old 06-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Raging Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Hopefully unemployed or at least on an unpaid vacation.

I guess the Boxer is starting to rub off on everyone.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
LOL!!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I'll let you know. I just sent Liz an email asking how it was going.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:42 AM
wriott

wow, some people need to relax
Old 06-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Raging Lunatic

I called and asked for Liz, the lady answering the phone informed me that no one by that name worked there, I said "Oh really?" she said yes. I then asked to speak to Elizabeth, she then asked what this was in reference to, I said the "tantrum she had".......................the phone went dead.

I urge everyone to call and ask for "Liz", it's rather entertaning.

You might want to try this number 202-225-3106 Wash. DC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.